Culture considerations

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
From page 113:
1 - During wartime footing, cultural improvements produce HALF the number normally produced per turn. :eek:
This is something I have not seen metioned before on these boards. A long war can really hurt your cultural standing!

2 - The best cultural building in the UNIVERSITY:confused:
4 culture points per turn. All of a sudden, this looks a lot better.

3 - You choice of wonders is ALSO influenced by how much culture. JS Bach's Grand Cathedral is 5 points a turn, but The Great Lighthouse is just 2. Heroic Epic is the best small wonder at 4 points. Will your choice of Wonder be influenced by how much culture you get?

I haven't worried too much about culture yet...I'd say my choices are still along the lines of Civ II...things (like Pyramids / Collossus) that help me develop...though I've started investing in the Lighthouse just so I can make contact and trade with other civs that much quicker.

It seems really possible that a Scientific nation will rake in as much culture (if not more) than a religious one...that gives Scientific nations a double whammy if they can get the tech lead. Hmmm is there a Scientific/Religious nation? *taps fingers together* excellent smithers...

I'd say, forget about culture.

What is it good for ? Sure, you'll get a city or two, three because of it, during the entire game. But is that so important ?

They only good thing about it, is the 20.000 point win. I think it's only possible on lower levels, but still, it's a nice way to way. But for the rest ???

Well culture also has a lot of SUBTLE effects

1 - Culture can speed up how fast resistors go away in a conquered city.

2 - Diplomatic relations go better if your culture is stronger

3 - Domination victory depend on how much territory is inside your borders. Since culture affect borders ...

Top Bottom