Culture Consul Last Strategy Discussion

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
The Clog Wars

Jolly, bantering and Red wine muffled Fanatannians, Jewels of the Chrystal Snow Coast and well fed with Red herrings.

The Humble or Not so Humble (IMNSHO) Consulate has concocted nothing but a staggering culture war. Fanatannian cuisine is excellent, and "Food is Powa"!!!
We should utilize our excellent agricultural general adantage toi build cities (1-4) in the range from Roosting Tree around the Hague and Groningen and join up with Camelot and Provolutia, building temples in all cities and possibly a wonder in one of the three older cities. We need to give in to demands in the perspective, but allowing us to absorb some of their sprawled cities back by culture (including their military units), before we sign an alliance with the Indians and attack the Dutch from two fronts.

The Golden Age from the Lighthouse would give us the needed surged production to prepare well for the Dutch War, as well as giving us a solid cultural core from which we can expand by late Term 2 and onwards.

All we need to do is to keep our cities safe and well defended.

We need to build more cities, that's a fact. I think Site I is the best place to go next, and that should Immediately pump out a settler, which should go to site II, while our core produces settlers to go to sites IV and III, in that order. Sites I and IV can grow very quickly giving us the "local citizen" resistance to flips against us, but of course after initially building a settler and/or defensive unit, should immediately head for building culture. If we get site II and flip Groningen, we will have at least a mini-monopoly on wines. Flipping The Hague would just be a bonus.

A bold plan, and I think it would be great if we could pull it off, but I have to point out that the Dutch pair (on the wines near site II) contains a settler. Chances are the Dutch are going to take those wines from us.

I don't know, Provo, in order to achieve a cultural victory we need to generate 130,000 cultural points. How do we get there? We're going to need at least 100 cities IMO. Why fool around with trying to culture flip our opponents when it's quicker and more direct just to take their cities?

The best way to achieve a cultural victory is to (almost) achieve a domination victory, then fill our conquered territory with cities and build culture in those cities. I think our long term cultural plans should focus on deciding how many cities we need, how much culture we need to build in each one, and what is the earliest realistic date we can achieve a victory if our plans are a success.

In order to achieve a cultural victory we don't want to build any culture now, including wonders. We want to build the engine which will ultimately give us culture, and that engine is an army that will secure territory for the flood of settlers our settler pumps will produce.

What Bertie said.

You're dreaming if you think we can flip anything anyway. The Dutch will out culture us for a few thousand years yet, and a temple and library in a few of cities around The Hague and Groningen won't flip them.

I do agree however that settling around the Dutch cities is absolutely necessary. Some we may get in a peace deal, or else 20 turns afterwards. ;)

Top Bottom