Culture Flips are back

I get the SK/NK point, although I wouldn't say by any definition of warfare in civ games you could say those two are actually at war. They're just hostile. In the game, such a situation should be rectified by SK nutting up and taking it back. Jokes, mostly I'm certainly not advocating an NK invasion by SK in real life, but that's why games are more entertaining than political reality. :D

They are technically still at war because they signed a ceasefire, but not a peace treaty. And NK has repeatedly renounced the ceasefire whenever they feel like throwing a tantrum. Even though hostilities have all but ended, it's still a war.

Anyway, I've gone off topic long enough for the sake of comparison. Back on topic now! No more North Korea talk.

Anyone know/think it's possible to use this in warfare? Like you actually go to war with the civ, but instead of actually capturing cities, you just wipe units, increasing war weariness and unhappiness until the cities revolt in your favor? Obviously, one would have to be the dominant ideology for this to work, but someone should give it a try, unless there's a mechanic that you know won't let it happen.

except there is no "war weariness"..

The only way to make another civ more unhappy (besides tourism/ideology pressure)
would be
1. ban their luxuries
2. steal CS allies giving them luxuries
3. get other civs to stop giving them luxuries
4. pillage/take cities that give them luxuries

only 4 is something you do through war.

Oh man, this thread just gave me an idea.

The game I started this morning (Shoshone) I found that Egypt had planted Thebes not too far from me.

Does anyone know if you can culture-flip a capital city? :D

Top Bottom