[C3C] Culture groups

Node60

Prince
Whether there is an opportunity to change the name of the available culture groups or to add new? I haven't found such opportunity in the native editor.

I have 10 distinct culture groups (and I believe up to 20 can possibly be added), but you will lose entire era's, which may not be wanted.

I use 10 culture groups in an epic game, using a single era, and although it is different, it works just fine. Depending on what you are aiming for, the disadvantages will be very minor (as is my case), or very major.

This thread somewhat goes into it: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/20-culture-groups-but-way-less-techs.330336/
I can give more specifics if needed.

a) As far as I know the names of the culture groups are hardcoded.
Just an additional bit of info: the culture group names are used in a lot of places in the game - everything from text files to graphics. It would take a substantial rewrite of the code (which we don't have access to) to alter how the game finds and uses all those files to make the culture group names changeable. Since the culture group names don't (afaik) appear onscreen during game play solutions such as Civinator & tom2050 discuss are viable workarounds.

Be aware that civs from the same culture group will have better starting relations with each other than with civs not in the same culture group, so there are other in game effects other than graphical appearances.

Mind you, not drastically higher, but there is a difference.

Top Bottom