Culture preference after capture?

marstinson

Chieftain
I ran into a situation with a captured city that puzzled the heck out of me and I'm hoping someone who is more familiar with the game code could explain it.

After the city came out of resistance I got a message that the citizens were "rightfully" asking to join the Korean empire (I said no, of course). The part that has me puzzled is that it was the English capital (I had the rest of the English cities, but they were still in resistance) and the Koreans were on the other side of the continent. Seoul was marginally closer to London than my capital, but London was WELL away from the Korean cultural boundaries, so there should not have been any Korean influence on the local culture. Does the AI look for the closest civ with whom you have contact and ask you to gift a city to them or are the designers just messing with the player's head?

That's odd. Was it mainly English or Korean in that city, though?

It is not that odd.....

The game checks if the city is closer to another capital that to yours and if it is , it issues the nag popup :gripe: It has nothing to do with culture :(

It is not that odd.....

The game checks if the city is closer to another capital that to yours and if it is , it issues the nag popup :gripe: It has nothing to do with culture :(

Ha, well that explains something odd that happened recently in my last game... at the start I placed my second city between me and the Egyptian borders to claim some resources before he did. It was still close to my capital but maybe a one square gap between it to the Egyptian culture. The very next turn after settling it, the new city wanted to "rightfully" join the Egyptian empire. Yeah, sure.

Top Bottom