Culture question ... somebody explain this, plz.

OTAKUjbski

TK421
Can somebody explain why the right side of Tenochtitlan's Culture is chopped off?

EDIT: That isn't the "end of the world" (map edge) ... I already checked that.

Sauron's culture (which is invisible since he has no physical form) is emminating from the volcano on that land-mass to the right...

Otherwise it appears to be a bug. I have noticed similar occurrences with culture on water but never like your screenshot (usually just a tile, sometimes even an extra tile that I shouldn't have)

Culture can only extend 2 tiles away from the continent the city is placed on. It is not a bug. I think it was changed from Warlords, because I distinctly recall culture extending 3 spaces over water onto a secondary landmass that was not connected.

Gotcha! That makes sense. Thanks.

I can't say I've noticed this either way ... I guess it's a rare occurance for me to want anything that far off my coast.

I never noticed it either until the Hannibal Noble's Club match.

Looking at your map makes me want to play the same game you're playing. >:[

Ok, so can anyone explain this one??

LM

Attachments

• StrangeBordersCiv4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    StrangeBordersCiv4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 157
Absolutely. The landmasses are connected by a thin strip of land to the east, about 6 spaces our of the camera's vision.

As long as the landmasses are continuous, the culture will extend two squares off the land. jbski's landmasses are not, yours are.

So LordMachiavelli's culture from the North is skipping over the Ocean (3 tiles off the continent) southward to the other side, which is 2 tiles off the same continent.!?

That's trippy!

Yeah, that's exactly what it's doing. Coding failure, in my opinion.

Top Bottom