Culture Tree with tooltips

app

Chieftain
I'm quite excited with Greece (unless one of the remaining civs really blows me away, it should be the first one I try out). So I wanted to start examining the available info on the civics tree, which should be their bread-and-butter.

However, I find that the information available on Arioch's site is very difficult to digest. It is quite a pain to link the policy effects to the tree structure. And it is a lot worse than for the tech tree, because the policy icons in the civics tree are completely generic and provides no clue at all as to what they are.

So since I had a bit of spare time today, I took the image from Arioch's site and put in the info as tooltips that will appear when hovered. It includes all the data available in that site, which is up to the first layer of renaissance era. It is a quick-and-dirty hack, but it does the job and helps me quite a bit in examining the tree. So I figured I might as well share it here, in case someone else wants to do the same.

PS. it is provided as-is with no guarantee. It works for me on Chrome, I don't know if it works on any other browsers. I did a lot of copy and paste quickly, so it is very possible that I have made a mistake in there somewhere.

PPS. Arioch, I found a typo. Under Social Policies in http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_civics.html , Scripture should be from Theology, not Ideology. And the value should be +100%, not +!00%.

Attachments

• culture tree.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 323
Bravo!! :goodjob:

I'm confused. Why would you ever run anything except Ilkum and/or Colonization (+30 % production towards Builders and +50 % towards Settlers, respectively) in the early game? Why would I want +1 production in all cities, when these whopping bonuses dwarf that paltry amount in the things that really matter and which you would be doing anyways (occupying new land or developing existing holdings)?

If you have five production in a city a a +1 production is the same as +20% production for every thing, if you have 10 production it's +10%, still quite good.

God King is also a guaranteed early pantheon which could be better than early settler sometimes.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

5 production... One mined hill tile, in other words. Doesn't sound too much to me, but I guess there is a short window when Urban Planning could be better. And you could run God King until you get a pantheon, then switch away from it. It just bothers me who Ilkum and Colonization seem to have disproporionate power compared to the rest of the policies. An 'optimal switch order' is only slightly better than 'always use these policies', imo. We can only hope that they've done their acts of balancing... I've already pre-ordered, so, mea culpa in case they haven't. :p

A huge amount of the civic tree techs also unlock additional things. They are shown when the tech is highlighted and include things such as:

- you can now enforce your borders
- free envoys (lots of civic tree has these)
- ETC.

I added those additional things to the civics icon itself. It's true that it is not very clear which one has those additional things though.

That's an amazing work! I, too, collected tooltips and re-write it as a text document, letter by letter (bar minor punctuation correction for consistency.)

If you'd like, please check it out, the link is in my signature ^^
Also, feel free to use any information you may find there - it's 100% accurate, no worry! (because it's an exact copy lol).

Texts highlighted in light yellow means it has the most up to date version of the tooltips (as of the "Dev's Gameplay" video.)
Because when you have so many tooltips, you can see their evolution haha.

I'll collect some things you're missing:

NAVAL INFASTRUCTURE (Economic Policy unlocked at Naval Tradition)
+100% Harbor district adjacencies bonuses

MERCENARIES (Civic)
240 ♫ Culture
Awards 1 Envoy.
Unlocks:
* Policy: Professional Army
* Policy: Sack
* Policy: Trade Confederation

PROFESSIONAL ARMY (Military policy unlocked at Mercenaries)
50% discount on all unit upgrades.

SACK (Military policy unlocked at Mercenaries)
Yields gained from pillaging are doubled for pillaging districts.

TRADE CONFEDERATION (Economic policy unlocked at Mercenaries)
+1 Culture and +1 Science from international Trade Routes.

The MEDIEVAL FAIRES civic makes the Insulae policy obsolete; this is incorrectly listed as happening at the Mercenaries civic on Arioch's site (but it makes sense that Medieval Faires would do it because it unlocks Medina Quarter which is basically an upgraded version of Insulae)

MERCHANT CONFEDERATION (Diplomatic policy unlocked at Medieval Faires)
+1 Gold from each of your Envoys at city-states.

I'm confused. Why would you ever run anything except Ilkum and/or Colonization (+30 % production towards Builders and +50 % towards Settlers, respectively) in the early game? Why would I want +1 production in all cities, when these whopping bonuses dwarf that paltry amount in the things that really matter and which you would be doing anyways (occupying new land or developing existing holdings)?
I'm thinking since you can quite often change policies, you can switch a lot of what's offering and be done with it in a few turns, where you can bring back the old policy or switch to yet another one..

Top Bottom