Culture victory with no tourism

kreal

Chieftain
Some HOF games are so rigged by best players with various hacks...

I dont understand the early (BC) culture victory, where player starts as domination victory by conquering all capitals, but one. Then some civ is liberated by the remaining one and left as a puppet(?)
Then player conquers the competing civ, leaving the "liberated" puppet.

So my question is, how the sovereign civ remains a puppet? and does the puppet automatically dominated by culture even if no tourism is generated?

can anyone explain?
Example: look at the final files for the guys in 1 and 2 places http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ5/tab...ype=4&leader=2&mapSize=4&speed=2&dtSc=0&exp=2

The strategy here is based on 2 things:

- A Great Musician's concert tour is always worth at least 100 tourism, even if your tourism per turn is zero.
- Greece has a very high chance of liberating any city you gift them. HOF allows picking opponents, so you can make sure Greece is in the game.

The goal is to eliminate a neighbour before they manage to generate 100 culture, then kill everyone else except Greece. Finish Liberty and pick a Great Musician, gift the first capital to Greece, perform a concert tour on the liberated neighbour and kill Greece. Now you're influential with the only civ left in the game.

About the remaining civ being a puppet, I don't know what causes that. My guess is that the liberated AI has the option to annex or puppet and for some reason they choose to puppet...

On Settler/Chieftan duel, you can usually go through liberty with a jungle sacred path before the ai gets 100 culture. You don't even need to do any conquering.

Top Bottom