Culture Victory

Palamon

Chieftain
I was just wondering if anyone had any tactics for getting a culture victory. The Romans seem pretty much the best civ to me for a culture victory, what with bonuses of 1/2 cost wonders and then more great people. I suppose the Greeks would be pretty good too. But does anyone use any other civs for a culture victory?

The English are well too because of their high culture production from begin on.

I culture won GOTW with the roman on King, you are correct in your remarks

IMHO the roman civ are made for cultural victoriys. Mega city (roads/republic) for wonder building and half price wonders.

one point to add though:

Finding the +2GP artifact (chichin Itza i think) does NOT contribute to the 20 GP/wonders or converts required by a cultural victory.

Neither do Spy stolen GP's.

Anyone notice anything different

French are great for culture victory too. They have industrious 100% wonder and creative +2 culture per city

French are great for culture victory too. They have industrious 100% wonder and creative +2 culture per city

Wrong French.

The French still one of the best because they get a cathedral in their capital.

Most civs have some special which will help them with a cultural victories. Getting free cultural techs helps get temples/cathedrals earlier. Getting a gold bonus helps get cash to rush wonders. Some are just better than others.

Neither do Spy stolen GP's.

Anyone notice anything different

I've definetaly had stolen GP in games with a cultural victory but I've never checked to see if they counted.

Top Bottom