Beirut - Berytus
Urfa - Urhoy/Edessa
Nusaybin - Nisibis
La Coruna - Carmona
Turin - Augusta Taurinorum/Taurinum
Soissons - Suessionensis
Beauvais - Bellovacensis

The search lasted oh... 10 minutes ;)

Bellovacensis and Suessionensis I think are medieval Latin names, rather than the Roman names, although this is only to my limited knowledge, so maybe I'll let them count. Anyway, those are genitive/dative forms, so I'd need more. ;) Carmona is not the name I'm familiar with for La Coruna either. I really want the classical Roman names! ;)

The thread has been quiet for too long.

Calgacus, give us an answer. It's bugging me :mad: :D

Anyway, here's a very easy one (and I mean easy) to get the thread back up and running: What was the capital of Lydia?

After the reintroduction of the search I have contracted a serious case of thread revivalism. ;)

What is the modern name of the locality nearest to ancient Troy ? (ridiculously easy right?) . If you answer it, feel free to ask another question withour confirmation.

Originally posted by Aphex_Twin
After the reintroduction of the search I have contracted a serious case of thread revivalism. ;)

From what I understand, the moderators are not happy about ppl reviving old posts....but what is an old post...like how old?

Also, if they are old, why not just close them or delete them? Just wondering...

Quizzes are excepted... ;) And old threads can be revived IF you have substantial stuff to contribute. We just don't want with people to go around resurrecting old threads by spamming one-liners.

As for the question, I vaguely remember it starts with a 'H'...?

Yes, schmiddi. Your go!

a farm

Top Bottom