Cumulative Football Quiz #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

willemvanoranje

Curitibano
Does everyone remember what this is? I aska question, if you have the answer right you wait for my confirmation and may ask the next question.

Who won the first world cup after the 2nd World War and in which year?

I know, it's an easy one, but we gotta start easy. ;)

Uruguay in 1950.

What's the european country whose clubs have won the most champions cups/leagues?

Spain: 10 (Barcelona 1, Real Madrid 9)

second must be England (Man UTD 2, Liverpool 4, Nottingham 2, Villa 1), then Italy, Germany, Holland and Portugal (Porto once in 1987 and Benfica twice, somewhere early 60'ies?).

Which team has the longest record of being undefeated in an away game and from when to when? (use google if you want)?

or

What is the nickname of the game where Ajax kicked Liverpool ass in 1966/1967 EC I by 5-1, becoming a historical game because no one had ever heard of dutch clubs doing good, nor of dutch clubs beating english.

Was it Arsenal this year?

Err... A lucky guess: Ajax.

I don't have the closest idea about the second one. Can I post a new one?

yeah, of course, it says 'or', and you already answered the other one correct ;) The answer was 'The Match in the Fogg'. People from one side of the stadium only knew that a goal was scored because they heard cheers from the other side. I have some quite nice pics of that in a book.

Ok, this one is especially for you willem ;)
What extraordinary event took place in 1976 (?) in a dutch league match, on which the van der Kerkhof twins took their equality relationship to the extreme?

I really wouldn't know this one, except that it must've been a PSV-match of course ;) But let me guess: they switched shirts/numbers? They both scored the same goal?

A little bit more dramatic. It is related to some broken bones.:splat:

Originally posted by willemvanoranje
:lol: they broke each others noses when running into each other

If you said that one had punched the other's nose would make more sense. That would explain the injured arm of one of them in the WC 1978 (Rene I thik). :D

OK, here's another hint: they both broke a leg but in different ocasios of the game. Now you just have to guess what did those two plays had in common.

Ok, I can't give more clues without telling it, so I'm going togive the answer.
They both broke their legs in the same match, one in the 8th minute of the first half, and the other one in the 8th minute of the second half. A little less wild than what you were suggesting...

What's the name of the french player that was violentlly charged by Schumacher in the famous "Schumacher assault" in the even more famous semi-final of 1982?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom