Cumulative Football Quiz #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mm - tragic fate?

Was he the player from Columbia who missed a pen then was shot outside a shop in his home town a few months later by an outraged fan?

No, far from that. It was much before. The one you talk was Escobar and it was for an own goal, although some think that it goes a little deeper than that, and that he had connections with the drug cartels.

Escobar - of course it was - and it was indeed an own goal.
Funny how memory plays tricks sometimes :blush:

ok -thats me ruled out of this question then. :rolleyes:

Oh no, please! You can still try some lucky shots.;) :p

Lucky shots eh? :)

1974, East Germany, died after slipping in the team bath after the game against W. Germany. :p

And I was just about to guess that too ;)

Originally posted by mordhiem
Lucky shots eh? :)

1974, East Germany, died after slipping in the team bath after the game against W. Germany. :p

Ah, a nice effort. Closer than col's previous. That's not the right answer, but there's something about Germany in the question's answer.

Car crash related?

He was part of the Austrian wunderteam, and I'm guessing you mean the World Cup of 1934 where he played for Austria (cuz there was no Austria in '38, and the Austrian wunderteam goes from '31 to '34 or something....my grandpa was a fan ;)).... Anyway, he was murdered.

and: matthias is with double t ;)

I'll give you the answer willem. In 1938 he refused to play for the german team, the only austrian that did so, which of course wasn't something that you could get aways easily from. Then he was acused of being jewish and died soon after. Officially he commited suicide, but it's a common belief that he was murdered by the nazis. You're up willwm, and thanks for the correction. :goodjob:

oops, forgot about this. Eeuhm.....ok here goes a question I asked about a year ago already:

Name one not-German team that won the German Cup Final and in what year was that?

Oooohhhh, tough. Hmmm, no idea. :D

Ajax? :D

Mm - maybe during the Anschluss. How about Rapid Vienna in 1938.

ok - so its my usual wild guess when I have no idea.

indeed, correct :) They beat FSV Frankfurt 3-1. Another good answer would've been 1. FC Wien in 1943 when they beat Hamburg 3-2

You mean I was right ??????????????

hehe

hehe - just pulled that one out of thin air.

Let me see - back to the English footoe league

Why is Hull City unique among all the teams in the English premiership and football league?

Ooh, I can sort of think of two things
Most likely, aren't they the only city never to have had a team in the top flight football league?
or
something to do with pylons? I remember this from somewhere, wish I knew what it was again. They don't have floodlights, or rather they do, but they are on pylons. Something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom