Cumulative Football Quiz #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I meant a winning Barca (I know about that thingy, but this computer doesn't make that).....free kick, Ronald Koeman :)

Ok, Elsaak has posted in the sports forum, but seems to have forgoten of this thread. I believe my answer is correct, so I'lll ask a question to go ahead with this:

The first European Cup took place in 1955/56, but before that there were already some regional club competitions, that are the "ancestors" of the UEFA cups. One of those was the Mitropa Cup in Central Europe. Another one was the Latin Cup. The Latin Cup was played by the champions of Italy, France, Spain and Italy and started some years after the WWII. Which two temas played the first Latin Cup final and who won?

Barcelona won the first one in '48 or '49 or something, just before the fifties, but I don't know against who. I'm guessing a Portuguese team though ;) Benfica?

You have the winner right, but not the runner-up. Nice job anyway.

I'm going along with willemvanoranje's Portugal idea, sounds like a nasty trick question, and I see MCDread is in Lisbon, so I'm saying:
Sporting Lisbon (runners up)
So am I Sherlock Holmes, or Dr Watson?

Originally posted by polymath
I'm going along with willemvanoranje's Portugal idea, sounds like a nasty trick question, and I see MCDread is in Lisbon, so I'm saying:
Sporting Lisbon (runners up)
So am I Sherlock Holmes, or Dr Watson?

That is indeed the right answer, but I'm not sure that qualifies you as Sherlock Holmes. ;)
BTW, I may be in Lisbon, but but FC Porto is the team that rocks!!! GO PORTO!!

Next question then. :)

Ha ha ha it's right! Definite Dr Watson logic, tho.
Willem made a ;) smiley, which made me think you must have a very obvious thing for portuguese football. And then I saw where you were in your sig. Aren't they called 'Sporting Club Football' or something in Portugal?

Willem's go, he got the winner.

Alright my Q :D

Which player in the English premiership (from 92/92 season) has played the most games ?

hmmm, a lot of (old) Arsenal-players are on my list, like Seaman, Adams, Dixon, but also Giggs is on my mind. I try Winterburn though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom