Cumulative Football Quiz #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodjob:

1994 v Greece
1998 v Jamaica

Weird fact: both games were played on June 21st.:crazyeye:

You're up, MCdread.

What was Di Stefano's club right before he joined Madrid in the 50s?

sorry guys, there have been some pretty sad things happening lately, that's why I didn't show on CFC for couple of days.

Originally posted by zenga
River Plate in Argentina?
I think River Plate was indeed the club that owned his license, but it was not the club where he was playing at the time. The club I have in mind is south american but not argentine.

Originally posted by willemvanorange
sorry guys, there have been some pretty sad things happening lately, that's why I didn't show on CFC for couple of days.

I hope everything's ok now, and that we may enjoy your presence again.

Originally posted by MCdread

I think River Plate was indeed the club that owned his license, but it was not the club where he was playing at the time. The club I have in mind is south american but not argentine.

Don't know the answer to this without looking it up. I'm sure I've heard this one at a sports quiz before but can't remember the answer. This is annoying!:crazyeye:

col has the correct answer.
Both Barcelona and Madrid were after him, and Barcelona negociated with River Plate while Real Madrid spoke with Milionarios. Legally, the player should represent Barcelona, but this happened during Franco's regime (FC Barcelona's stadium was perhaps the only place where the opposition could speak) and the decision was that the player should play one year in each club, starting with Real Madrid. Of course, after one year, it was easy to keap him in the club.

Next question, then.

Ok - whats the latest goal to be scored in a game in the world cup finals - excluding penalty shootouts.

Who scored, who for , who against and the time please.

Ronaldo for Brazil in the last final. I don't remember the time though... maybe 70-75 minutes.

Nope - all games played in the final stages are eligible not just the final itself.

Oops... I misinterpreted the question. Read last instead of latest. Do you have extra-time in mind, or do you mean only in the 90 (+some) minutes play?

Extra time too.

Either Geoff Hurst in the 66 final against Germany or fellow englishman David Platt against Belgium in 1990. Both goals were in the 120th minute I think.

Hmm, yeah I would go with David Platt too. Geoff Hursts goal was earlier than Platts I think, Platts was litteraly last minuite whilst after hurst there were still 2-3 mins to play.

Yup it was Platt in the 119th minute. England v belgium. I think Mordheim wins that one since McDread had two answers. ;)

Woohoo! Sorry McDread, indecision is unnaceptable. ;)

Hmm in an FA cup mood at the moment, so:

Six Scottish teams played in the FA Cup before the scottish FA banned them in 1887. Since three of them are pretty obscure I'll give you them: Renton, Cowlairs and Third Lanark. Name the other three.

Life is unfair! So many minutes spent thinking on the answer, didn't want to go and check, and thought they were more less in the same time. And then someone comes picking inspiration on my hard work.:cry:
And BTW, your answer was incomplete! You didn't mention the opposing team!:p
It must be a british conspiracy. col should have take in account that I am also a physicist as he is. :flamedevi

But I accept the decision with fair play. After all I must be the person with more questions in this thread and the more people the better. :)

Six Scottish teams played in the FA Cup before the scottish FA banned them in 1887. Since three of them are pretty obscure I'll give you them: Renton, Cowlairs and Third Lanark. Name the other three.

Oh no! More FA. Are you retaliating for my apparent lack of enthusiasm about the feat of those Vauxhall guys and the wonderful FA Cup in the other thread? :crazyeye: OK, I admit, FA Cup rocks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom