Cumulative Football Quiz #6

MCdread

Couldn't she get drowned?
I guess the masses weren't ready for the tremendous concentration of football knowledge generated by the 5th Advent of the football quiz at the time.
But after waiting a year, I think we should give it another try and ressurrect the most classic of all threads in the Sports Forum. :yeah:
The rules, as taken fro the previous thread:

The rules:

You can ask a question after you answer the previous question correctly

However if they seem to be away then someone else can ask a new question and if you have an amazing question that you can't wait to ask then you could post it straight away, but by "away" it doesn't mean 20 minutes away. Maybe one ot two days. What does everyone think?

Also it should be said for those who might arrive at this thread for the first time, that we should have a sort of gentlemans' agreement not to check answers in google. Do you agree?

The points scoring system:
(For those questions with multiple answers)

1st answer correct = 1 point
2nd answer correct = 2 points
3rd answer correct = 3 points
4th answer correct = 5 points
5th answer correct = 8 points
6th answer correct = 12 points
7th answer correct = 16 points
8th answer correct = 20 points
9th answer correct = 25 points
10th answer correct = 30 points

The poster with the most points gets to ask the next question.

And an easy one to start:

Where is going to take place this season's final of the Champions League?

Correct, though I don't think it's Galatasaray's stadium... Anyway, your turn! :goodjob:

I believe that would be AC Milan... :twitch:

MCdread said:
But after waiting a year, I think we should give it another try and ressurrect the most classic of all threads in the Sports Forum. :yeah:

WOOHOO! [party] :beer: :band: :clap:

I'd propose one additional rule: point reduction after failure of producing a new question within a set period of time (say, a day).

A placeholder question then.

In what match were the highest number of goals scored in a Champion's cup match (Europacup 1 or CL)? Bonus for naming the goals per team and season :D

I wanted to say the 7-3 win of Real over Frankfurt in 1960, but that's the highest scoring final... since I have no idea I'll go with the 8-3 win of Monaco over Deportivo la Coruna in 2003

I think it was some 16-1 from Sporting against Apoel from Cyprus, in the 50s or early 60s. At least I know that's the biggest win ever.

Wait...what happened to my question? Well if I do get a turn...

What are the only two teams to win a "true" treble (Champion's League, Domestic Cup, Domestic League, exactly like that)?

The Celtic Football Club in 1967
Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax in 1972
Philips Sport Vereniging in 1988
Manchester United Football Club in 1999

Hmmm, I said two, forgetting about PSV and Ajax. The problem we have here is that Suppersalmon answered the two I was looking for, but Stapel answered all of them. I want to give the question to Stapel, but I'm not sure if it was fair to the other answerers. Unless anyone has any fierce objections I will let Stapel have this one. The other option is for me to ask a new question.

MCdread said:
I think it was some 16-1 from Sporting against Apoel from Cyprus, in the 50s or early 60s. At least I know that's the biggest win ever.

AFAIK that's EC II, cup winner's cup '63/'64.

Feyenoord- KR (Reykjavik) 12-2, '69/'70 in the EC I.

After Real Madrid and Barcelona, what clubs come 3rd and 4th with most titles of spanish champion?

Top Bottom