Cumulative Football Quiz #6

I didn't think it was Palermo since they have been more successful than Palermo but that was the first non continental team that I could think of.

I don't think I can think of a question to match though so someone else can ask one. :)

classical_hero said:
According to this, http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance?league=ita.1&year=2005&cc=3436

You are wrong. Caglari has over 12 thousand supporters a game.

What is your source?

My source is: http://stats.football365.com/dom/ITA/SA/attend.html

Note that I did rather foresee this by noting that the statistics were "indubitably challengeable" or some such phrase.

I have no reason to support one set of figures over another, except for the fact that ESPN is American, "soccer" is the american word we all dislike, and ".com" is clearly a US extension. Quite irrationally, but as the question setter, I choose to stick with the heroic and pluck British stats, over the fat, capitalistic, dollar waving American stats.

So Dell is still the winner!

But you'd really like to have the fat, capitalistic, pound waving stats in Britain, wouldn't you? :mischief:

(J/K)

Ok I've come up with a question from that site :)

Which is the fourth all time most successful team in the English football leagues in terms of points from its inception in 1888 to 2003?

The first three are listed as Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal.

Wolves?

(10 char)

Sheffield Wednesday ? (Though, to be honest, I think it's more likely to be Wolves...)

Cool. :)

This one shouldn't be too hard.

Name the famous (or infamous as some people think) longtime president of Atlético Madrid, who was known for his temper and his somewhat shady dealings who just passed away fairly recently.

That would be the former mayor of Mafia, er, Marbella, Jesus Gil y Gil, also known as "The Beast". Notorious would be a good description ;).

jameson said:
That would be the former mayor of Mafia, er, Marbella, Jesus Gil y Gil, also known as "The Beast". Notorious would be a good description ;).

Unfortunately we have lots of specimans like him in our native football/local politics...

Yeah, maybe notorious doesn't quite cut it either. Gil y Gil was at least responsible for the death of 58 people when the roof of a restaurant he constructed collaped ( obviously, it was built with substandard material. He was pardoned by Franco after 18 months in jail). He also robbed the coffers of the city of Marbella and had an accomplice steal 40,000 pages of documents from its courthouse to destroy the case against him, apart from racially abusing any coloured players he came across and physically assaulting a coach from another club on one occasion.

I do hope Portugal isn't that bad :eek:.

Top Bottom