• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Cure for HIV found

Great idea, I wonder why nobody thought of that before. After all, all people with HIV have a big flashing sign pointing out they have aids.

And HIV+ people TOTALLY don't deserve to have a sex life. :rolleyes:

Not with me they don't. If you want to volunteer yourself, go for it.

If I wanted that type of thrill I'd get a motorcycle or take a vacation in Zimbabwe.

You obviously don't know the statistics, do you? What, do you use free condoms and oil-based lube, or something? :lol:

Don't have sex with people with AIDS!

Can I have my nobel prize now?

Finding a "cure" for AIDS would be devastating to the drug companies. They'll just keep coming up with "combination (lots of drugs) therapies" that claim a chance at causing a remission but it's doubtful they'll ever find a cure.

Give you money to "finding a cure" and you're simply funding those who will profit as long as possible on the sick.
I hate to be bad but if you killed all the people with AIDS then it would no longer be spread AKA that would be the cure

You obviously don't know the statistics, do you? What, do you use free condoms and oil-based lube, or something? :lol:

You're talking to the guy who refuses to use condoms and have vaccinations...

Now if we can completely destroy it from a person's body, we'll be in business.

I hate to be bad but if you killed all the people with AIDS then it would no longer be spread AKA that would be the cure

I know!!!!:goodjob: Nobody can say that this is not a viable solution.
(Inhumane, cruel and fascist...I know the implications)

Obviously don't know what statistics?

I don't use condoms (in monogamous relationship for two years) and lube is for buttsex and women who don't really like their man. Obviously, not necessary.

You're talking to the guy who refuses to use condoms and have vaccinations...
When you have sex you'll realize condoms are teh suck. Besides, condoms are for those who are promiscuous. I've been in two long term relationships back to back with only one girl in between the two relationships (with whom I used a condom). I obviously won't get a STD unless my chick cheats on me, which she won't, cause there would be nothing to gain from it.

As for vaccines. I see no reason for them at this time. What should I get vaccinated against? The flu? Everyone I've known who's gotten the flu had their shot. I take care of my body, that's my insurance. People get sick cause they eat . .. .. .. ., drink . .. .. .. . and talk . .. .. .. .. Contagious disease is less of a problem in the US than degenerative ones. Obviously if I was going to travel to India or Africa I would explore all the disease prevention options.

Eh? Combination therapy is about 20 years old. And it's not a cure. It reduces HIV to below detectable levels IIRC, but as soon as you come off it...

I don't use condoms (in monogamous relationship for two years) and lube is for buttsex and women who don't really like their man. Obviously, not necessary.

When you have sex you'll realize condoms are teh suck. Besides, condoms are for those who are promiscuous. I've been in two long term relationships back to back with only one girl in between the two relationships (with whom I used a condom). I obviously won't get a STD unless my chick cheats on me, which she won't, cause there would be nothing to gain from it.

You really take your woman for granted? I wonder if you know anything about women...

Why? Hedonism is as bad as puritanism.
But more fun. :D

What I am saying is that the world is full of uncertainities. I be nice if everybody avoid infection, but accidents happen.
True, but those who engage in high risk behavior as adults (promiscuous sex, smoking, heavy drinking, becoming obese) know what they are doing.

Obviously they deserve compassion, especially those in areas rampant with poverty (I can only imagine what it must be like living in third-world conditions) but still, it is a preventable illness.

Population control should be top priority, obviously lowering of the birthrate is the most humane way.

All the money poured into humanitarian aid, giving milk substitutes to starving babies & enough nutrition to mothers to let them have one or two more, extending the lifespan of people with AIDS (so they can have more poor AIDS babies), this is cruelty.

If an area has already been environmentally devastated and can no longer support it's human population (let alone any land left over for biodiversity) it is morally repugnant to encourage people to continue breeding.

Distribute condoms, teach women about their bodies (wiki : Billings Method), teach sustainable agriculture and manufacturing so these people are not helpless and left in the dark when the world economy finds them obsolete (their coal mines dry up or they find cheaper labor elsewhere).

AIDS is simply a response by nature to curb overpopulation. That is the real issue. I would not put any money on us finding a cure for it. It is too adaptable. Eventually, some will become resistant to it, the rest will perish.

If I had AIDS, I would never have sex again, let alone have kids, that would be the only noble thing to do in such a situation.

You really take your woman for granted? I wonder if you know anything about women...

Yep, they'll change their mind for any and every reason under the sun.

There's a slight breeze to the East? Uh-oh, you're single now buddy.

I trusted a woman once. She thought I was her own personal God.

Never again.

Top Bottom