• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Cure for HIV found

Yep, they'll change their mind for any and every reason under the sun.

There's a slight breeze to the East? Uh-oh, you're single now buddy.
The wishy-washy ones aren't the ones you want.

We both think about leaving each other all the time. We're both kind of up in the air about many things in life, but a good match is hard to find. It's one thing to fantasize about how your life could be better with another girl and/or guy but everyone's got their issues underneath (and girls are good at hiding them). We get along and understand each other's goals & dreams & beliefs (and agree on many things) so we stick together. There are guys who would be better than me in certain ways and girls who would be better than her, but overall, we're the best for each other right now.

If we ever break up, we'll still be friends. But it's not something to worry about now.

I trusted a woman once. She thought I was her own personal God.

Never again.
As tempting as it seems, you shouldn't trust a woman who thinks you're God, inevitable you'll let her down. Generally such girls watched too much Disney . .. .. .. . as a kid and want some knight or prince to rescue them from the cruel world. If you're a nice guy you can get sucked into this trap.

When I went to college my first GF was like this. I was super nice to her cause I was just overwhelmed with having a girl for the first time. But eventually I wanted to hang out with my friends & have time alone. She started flipping out and started getting really hostile to me, spreading rumours about me. The more I broke away, the worse she got.

Don't trust just anyone. Trust that whatever happens is for the best though. If she leaves you, screw her, you will do better next time. Evolution. :)

Oh, but if you don't trust her 100%, obviously use a condom. I got chlamydia in college (took antibiotics, knocked it out in a week, was lucky cause I checked early), bad news, could've been much worse of course. But if I got AIDS I wouldn't be expected any sympathy and I would never have sex again.

Obviously don't know what statistics?

I don't use condoms (in monogamous relationship for two years) and lube is for buttsex and women who don't really like their man. Obviously, not necessary.

When you have sex you'll realize condoms are teh suck. Besides, condoms are for those who are promiscuous. I've been in two long term relationships back to back with only one girl in between the two relationships (with whom I used a condom). I obviously won't get a STD unless my chick cheats on me, which she won't, cause there would be nothing to gain from it.

As for vaccines. I see no reason for them at this time. What should I get vaccinated against? The flu? Everyone I've known who's gotten the flu had their shot. I take care of my body, that's my insurance. People get sick cause they eat . .. .. .. ., drink . .. .. .. . and talk . .. .. .. .. Contagious disease is less of a problem in the US than degenerative ones. Obviously if I was going to travel to India or Africa I would explore all the disease prevention options.

I do adult sex ed volunteering sometimes, and if there's any one thing I've learned, it's this: condoms don't have to suck. In fact, if you find just the right condom for you and use high-quality water-based lube (yes, even if you don't think you need it), condoms can feel nearly as good, if not as good, as doing it bareback. You're also really stupid to be skipping your vaccinations. It's not that big of a deal, and it could save your butt big-time.

I don't mean to bad-talk your girl, but statistically speaking, you still run between a third and half as much risk getting an STD from her as from some random chick, according to surveys the Stop AIDS Project (which does a lot more than just AIDS education) did last year. I don't have them on hand, but I can get my brother to send them to me so I can quote the papers word-for-word, if you like.

But yeah - if you're as careful as possible with an HIV+ person in remission, and know what you're doing, your chances of contraction aren't actually that high. Those stats are in the same papers, though it's hardly the only study that's been done on the subject.

As tempting as it seems, you shouldn't trust a woman who thinks you're God, inevitable you'll let her down. Generally such girls watched too much Disney . .. .. .. . as a kid and want some knight or prince to rescue them from the cruel world. If you're a nice guy you can get sucked into this trap.
Heh, yeah I 'let her down' by still being her BF the night she got a little too drunk and shagged someone else. Seriously. Trust and women don't mix.

I hate to be bad but if you killed all the people with AIDS then it would no longer be spread AKA that would be the cure

I don't think you understand how much work that'd be. You would have to test every single person in a given population and then somehow keep everyone from sharing needles / having any sex until the results came back.

Further more, each person you propose killing is someone with family who loves them....

Researchers Knock Out HIV

Nice to see science advancing. It sounds like a slow and expensive process, though.

Wait, if I understand the article correctly, the therapy would have to be maintained for the rest of the patient's life and the virus would still be present in his body, which would make him a walking source of the infection.

That's not such a great achievment, if you ask me. I want the virus dead, eradicated, like variola.The nature must know where its place is ;)

But more fun. :D

Who says you can't have fun while still being a Puritan? The whole point is to keep sex inside of marriage, and once that is done, then there is nothing wrong with wild, passionate sex.

Bread is a cure for hunger, but you have to keep taking that too.

If the cost and side effects of the medication are low enough, then it's effectively a cure. I probably spend more on coffee than patients will need to spend on their HIV in a couple years.

I think it's a big thumbs up.

Heh, yeah I 'let her down' by still being her BF the night she got a little too drunk and shagged someone else. Seriously. Trust and women don't mix.
Trust and your woman didn't mix anyway.

You have to make a better informed decision next time.

No worries, everyone plays the fool sometimes. I have.

Not a true cure but more of an "stop gap" treatment, i almost wish we didnt cure it, man is a plague on earth

One would think that if the Virus was prevented from multiplying, it would eventualy be passed out of the system. If all the host cells die, what's left of the threat?
The host cells don't die. HIV infects some of the most quiescent, long-lived cells in the body, such as memory cells. These last for decades, sitting around and doing barely anything...
but enough to spread a few copies of HIV a year/month/day (I don't know which). These copies are enough to infect other cells and cause a rebound if treatment is stopped.
Various therapies have tried activating these cells in order to kill them, but this causes massive systemic shock, which is deadly.
That's not uncommon, actually.

Reports of HIV-immune people are common. Not a single case has, to my knowledge, been proven: most have been actively disproven.

Reports of HIV-immune people are common. Not a single case has, to my knowledge, been proven: most have been actively disproven.

Most cases I'm aware of were from prostitutes. The prostitutes hadn't contracted HIV in years of work (despite working in areas with 30% HIV infection rates), but did when they left the profession.

I guess the only way to test this would be to take apparently immune prostitutes and deliberately try and infect them multiple times.

That's also abhorrent!

Top Bottom