Current avatar choices are the worst

Matrix

CFC Dinosaur
Retired Moderator
I just wish to say that I really don't like the current state of avatars. The choices should either be standard units of Civ1,2&3 only or to have the option of having a custom avatar, but these avatars are mostly plain ugly, IMO.

I don't know, but they look alright to me (although PH's choices are plain ugly :D). To each, his/her own?

TF didn't want customized avatars and hence the current half-measure state of the large no of avatars fr Civ2 ToT and Civ2 scenarios. <shrugs>

I happen to like the one I'm currently using, BeBro does beutiful work i think.

I like current avatar choices. Not so much the civ1 ones, but the others are just fine.

I have no plans to change mine, but I like the avatars from scenarios. Star Trek and Star Wars fans are no doubt very keen to have the avatars. It works both ways. We get the choice of some beautiful, well-designed avatars and hopefully this will inspire fanatics to play the scenarios whence they came. :goodjob:

Most of the avators seem to be fine and some of the strange avators come from Test of Time.

I like my tree thing avatar, but I would change it to a custom one if we got custom avatars. I think most of the avatar choices are good, but I am still in favor of custom avatars.

Well, about half a year ago I would have said that it should be custom avatars, but that "cute little green dude" (omg, did I really type that?) is fine with me now.. actually I kinda love him :love:

:lol:

IMHO, it's idiotical not to allow Custom avatars, because only Civ2 and Civ1 -avatars
had the goofy special style. But hey, I really don't care about avatars much anyway,
and after all it's TF's site, so I really make no big deal about it.

Avatars should be banned along with all who speak of them. :D

Hmm, I am fine with the avatars here right now. I would like to have the GIMP, , but I also like my current avatar. Stop complaining please :D .

If you have custom avatars, you can still use the avatar you use now. Perhaps you personally have no reason complain, but I do.

Indeed it's Thunderfall's site and I will respect his choices, but I do not like this choice.

Originally posted by Matrix
If you have custom avatars, you can still use the avatar you use now. Perhaps you personally have no reason complain, but I do.

Indeed it's Thunderfall's site and I will respect his choices, but I do not like this choice.

I understand completely with what you are saying. In fact, I find it easier to distinguish between posters with custom avatars and such. I wouldn't mind custom avatars at all.

How can you distinguish between people with custom avatars? They change the damn things three times a day!!! That's a big drawback in my opinion, kinda like if we were allowed to change our usernames constantly...

Originally posted by floppa21
How can you distinguish between people with custom avatars? They change the damn things three times a day!!! That's a big drawback in my opinion, kinda like if we were allowed to change our usernames constantly...

Well, in my experience over at Gamecatcher, we hardly ever change avatars. It kind of like our fingerprint. Or if we do, we keep them for a long time, or the new avatars fall along the same subject matter as the previous avatar. But that is also a smaller community, which also makes a difference. I am really indifferent in this issue. I don't really care either way.

There is a possibility. Make custom avatars like your username. Choose a good one, because that's the one you'll be stuck with forever. Would it be possible to have a custom avatar that cannot be changed? Or would that be an admin headache?

Originally posted by floppa21

Yo, floppy. Your argument doesn't track, because avatars can be changed daily anyhow. The only difference is that you can't BYOA.

No no, we have a certain number of avatars. People generally stick with them once they pick them. For the most part.

If it is custom, then any picture I see on the www can be an avatar. People will be finding one they like every time they get online and changing them every time they get on CFC.

Your deal is the pentagon fort thingy. NOBODY uses that but you. If I see it, I know you posted. Now you change it to a picture of a cat. Then, a dog. Then a cool demon skull that is really ginchy. Next a segment of an orange. You like oranges. Then a horse because it is the coolest pic you ever saw of a horse. NOBODY will have an avatar and stick with it if Custom is allowed.

But this is probably all a moot point unless TF decides to go okay on it.

If you don't have custom avatars there should be at least more choice rather than, 50 "guy on horse" and 50 "man with shield" I suggest adding FavouredFlight and er...Anarchywrksbest's latest graphics, they rock!!!!!!

Top Bottom