Current Libyan situation in Civ 4 terms

ywhtptgtfo

Emperor
Massive civil unrest near Tripoli has led to riots and looting. Both inside and outside the city, some improvements have been destroyed by looters.
A Town was destroyed.
A Workshop was destroyed.
Theater was destroyed.
Forge was destroyed.
Hospital was destroyed.

Too bad that's as close to that as we can get.

He can also run monarchy (instead of police state) and station lots of troops. Theater + colosseum + 100% culture would also help, but I think Gadaffi would like to run 100% gold.

Err... I think a security bureau is in order. It must be the work of Sitting Bull and his spy train.

Playing Revolution mod :p

Revolutions are actually one aspect where civ is actively unrealistic. I voluntarily switch from despotism to monarchy, monarchy to representation, representation to universal suffrage. How many dictators and monarchs throughout history willingly gave up their powers to form a system of governance with more accountability? I'd say 0 probably.

I think it would be cool if in game, if you were still a despot in the 21st century at some point your people would just say "screw this" and all hell would break loose a la Libya. Is that what the revolutions mod does?

it works by some form of stability points (local (city) and national), not unalike RFC.

Obviously, neighbouring countries should capture all of Libya while they are revolting :D

He's been suffering from the "We demand emancipation" unhappiness but is role-playing and insists on Police State as his favorite Civic. This is actually similar to what BobbyBoy is saying. With some many Civs in the game he's getting about -40 from "We demand Emancipation". He must have built the Globe Theatre in his capital.

Ra's Lanuf (Rebels) has been captured by the Libyan Empire!
Zawiyah (Rebels) has been captured by the Libyan Empire!
Bin Jawad (Rebels) has been captured by the Libyan Empire!

Top Bottom