1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Current turn: 300bc

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Jayne, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

:queen:

400bc - Iron City is renamed Legendary City and F3 is renamed Bedfont Lakes (Danderfluff beaten into a close second!).

Little Nemo changes from Caravan production to settler.
    Gabba Gabba warrior is rehomed from Elysium and fortify SE of the city tp avoid riot!:crazyeye:
    Civvium warrior fortified to NE
    Castle Jayne phalanx fortified to NE and Elvis is fired.
    Marl Downs phalanx fortified to N and Elvis fired.

Civvium builds Diplomat (which heads to Leg. City) and starts temple.
    VET chariot splits from legion and diplomat.
    Dellham and Marl Downs both $2 IPRB settler.

Vikings nearly finished Oracle.

350bc - Elvis hired in Little Nemo, Castle Jayne and Thunderfalls.

Legion near Roskilde!! (Previous nearest city in this area was Uppsala)

325bc - Mordheimia builds settlers and starts archers. Settlers head towards B1=North Whale. (To be named Danderfluff?)

WLTQD cancelled in Regia Civitas.

NUF discover HBR, start masonary.

Octavia's Doughnut (Sorry! Point) completes archer and starts settler. Archer head for B1 site.

Castle Jayne $4 IPRB settler.

300bc - Viking legion appears on peninsula!

Marl Downs builds settler and starts temple. As does ThunderFalls.
    RC finishes library and starts warrior.

All units have moved EXCEPT the legion, diplomat and chariot!

The yellow dot is where the legion and dip are. The blue dot is the first square they were nearer Roskilde to Dellham

Most important: How do we want to finish this turn? The Vikings are again hostile, and the dip will not be in a position to bribe this turn. I would be tempted to lure the Viking legion towards the dip by leaving them where they are and moving the chariot SE.

I hope to move Tuesday 1930GMT unless my advisors request longer for discussion.

2. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

The luring trick usually works. Is anyone else having trouble viewing the pictures (on this thread and others)?? :(

3. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

We could move the chariot back, hoping the legion will follow and then bribe it, or we could attack. If there's a city out there, Roskilde might be a newly founded city on their continent, it's better to have two legions attacking. If we attack the legion and win, we maybe can bribe the city instead. I'm for attacking now and bribe the city later...:)

4. Chofritz

Chofritz Former Mr. Reloader

I think it's a little bit too risky to attack with the NONE chariot, I think we should move him back and then attack with the legion next turn (if their legion follows). It's still a bit risky since their unit will be on defensive terrain. We should also consider that it might be veteran status.

BTW, Could Roskilde be built on our continent?

5. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

My Queen, our hunters have detected an enemy Legion! and City?

The Road from REGIA CIVITAS to Elysium is completed.

We have 3 cities that could build anything: REGIA CIVITAS, planned to be a Warrior (but I again recommend an Archer & $22); Thunderfalls and Marl Downs are planned Temples.   We have a Wine Caravan Plan, and another proposal for GG Hides, iirc.

300BC Status: 530,000 people in 15 cities. 231 gold, 30,00,70% F5 $19 -3. Sci 42 in 7 turns, suggest Elvis in REGIA CIVITAS for 2-4 turns, then: F5 $19 -3, Sci 40 in 7 turns. F11 Mfg=47, FS=5.6   We are still #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity. Only #2 in Family Size, perhaps due to 5 Entertainers. In a few turns, our capital will resume the celebration and our stats will improve.

400BC Status: 500,000 people in 14 cities. 174 gold, 30,00,70% F5 $19 -2, Sci 38 in 6 turns, researching HBR in about 3 turns. F11 Mfg=45, FS=5.3   We are #1 in nearly everything that matters: Population, Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity. But we had slipped to #2 in Family Size, perhaps due to 4 Entertainers.

Researching Masonry (due in about 6 turns), known: Alphabet, Bronze, CBurial, CodeLaws, Currency, HBR - Horse Back Riding, Literacy, Monarchy, Mysticism, Philosophy, Pottery, Trade, WarriorCode and Writing.

We have 2 Temples and 1 Library of REGIA CIVITAS. Our Library of Elysium is 35/80, due in 9 turns, or 8 if we can spare $10 gold.

We are constructing 4 Settlers, 2 Caravans, 3 Archers, 1 Warrior Police. We are building a Library in Elysium, also 2 Temples (Civvium & Reneaux), and planning to start 2 additional Temples.

Regia Civitas needs a third police. Then what to build? MarketPlace?

Dellham Settlers in 2 turns. Then what?
    LC Archers next turn, send where? Build what?
    F3 Bedfont Lakes Wine Caravan needs IPRB=30 $13.
    Little Nemo move Warrior E, work Roads Settlers in 5.
    Castle Jayne Settlers nearly complete, is Rush Buy $19 crucial?.
    Reneaux Move Warrior NW, work River Plains Temple in 12 turns before growth.
    MD Phalanx: I prefer the East Road encampment.
    GG Hides Caravan in 7.

LN Settler (near RC) move SW and charge, then W to Road Plains. TFalls Setlers are building Roads to both Castle Jayne and F3, real selfless work horses!

Regular City Details might be posted ... don't know.

6. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

Here's a close-up screenshot of the troops.

As Queen Jayne said, none of our troops in this shot have moved yet. And none of them are veterans either.

I would recommend pulling the chariot SE (to 89,29) as well as moving the diplomat and legion NE (so they are all in the same square and on defensive terrain) and either bribing the unit (depending on cost) so we will have another NONE legion, or letting the legion attack it when the Viking legion moves forward next turn.

The settler from Marl Downs has only moved 1/3 so far this turn.

7. GaryNemo

Chofritz, Rout, funxus, I agree with caution. We might back up twice. Or consider buying their Legion. Chofritz, the people are angry that Roskilde may be on our continent. It may not be, I'm not sure. I can, however, see these pictures.

Great photography, Duke!

8. GaryNemo

Chofritz has pointed out we could Hire a Tax Man or Scientist in REGIA CIVITAS. This continues our Celebration (while we build an Archer, hint, hint).

With Scientist, F5 $20 -3, Sci 47! in 6 turns.

9. Chofritz

I never thought of the fact that bribing the legion will give us another NONE unit. If the price is right we should absolutly do it. Another question, do you people use "black clicking"?

10. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

Ive never heard of it...
    Is that where you try to move into an enemy ZoC deliberately, thereby revealing all other units whose ZoC you would be stepping into?

11. Chofritz

No it is not. It is when you click in the darkness and look at the number next to the location cordination. This is explained better in another thread, can't remember which one though. Could it have been in the "Gotm trix"-thread?

As I pointed out in another thread I think that you should assign either a taxman or a scientist int RC to keep the celebration going. It might also be a good idea to build Marco's now. Marcos will probably give us a few techs and a lot of nice information.

By the way, when will we go to war, I think the time is getting closer and closer. The vikings look like a good target (with two wonders). I don't think we need to get those pyramids yet so the indians can wait.

That's all for tonight says the one who stated earlier today that he would only be an observer of this game, :cry:. What have I gotten myself into, :lol:

12. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

I'm guessing the legion could cost us anywhere between 100-150 gold. I figured it around 125, but added some cusion....

Chofritz is asking about map clicking. Where you click on un-explored territory to see if it is maybe water or a different land mass. You can use it get an idea of where the Viking Land mass is. It has never really been discussed whether we are using/allowing that for the Deom game. Some people consider it a cheat, others consider it an aspect of the game.

13. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Given the small number of turns that were played, I see
    no reason to post a Boreum thread. So I will bid farewell
    until Sat. night or Sun morning.

14. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

I was going to charge the settler at the end of the turn. I always do it then in case I forget to clear orders!! :crazyeye:

15. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

Well so far we are charging settlers, re-homing caravans and using a pattern to check where special resources lie.:blush:

16. GaryNemo

Yes. We are clear that noone moves, only Jayne. That noone uses the Cheat Menu of the game. Other than that, this is Deity, and we'll play as best we can, eh? I had considered Black-Clicking before, PM'd some folks, and we decided to not do it. Of course, in Multi-Player games, it is standard. Regarding our Rules here, I suggest anyone look at Game of The Month, where there is a vast list of rules we use there. They are sound rules.

17. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

The Viking leader is still a Warlord. I would like to lure the Viking legion towards the Dip and bribe him, then use all units to take Roskilde if it is on our island. The Viking attitude towards us has dropped for no obvious reason. I think if we give them the opportunity, the Legion will attack us.

Btw, Does anyone know if attitudes change if we are getting a bit near one of their cities?

Admiral Mordheim, I move in little over 24 hours. Do you want to post a poll, or lead a discussion to decide how you want me to move these units? I know you've been itching to do something as Military Advisor!

18. StevieP

StevieP Chieftain

I think we should move the chariot SE into the forest to allow the vikings legion to move nearer to us.

We can then possibly bribe him/her at the next turn or beat them up. What do others think?

19. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

We should definitely try to draw the AI legion into our bribery trap. I don't want to see all the units on the same square though. I've got a feeling that their legion will be a vet and this will definitely increase our chances of beating the cr*p out of the AI city up there. If we don't kill the city straight off then I want to be able to rush a settler should it be in a rubbish place.

20. mordhiem

mordhiem Quantum Physicist

General Mordhiem hartily recommends the bribing of enemy units if affordable. Yes, to lure them towards our dip would be a most intelligent plan, but the AI might move away and ruin it. I thin that we should attempt to lure and se what happens. If it doesn't follow then the chariot and dip can give chase, being 2 movers they should be able to catch it in the northen part of the peninsula.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.