1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Curse LLC banner

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ryanmusante, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

For those that are donators, could the "This site uses an ad delivery service provided by Curse LLC. Curse and its partners use technology such as cookies on this site to provide services, analyze user activity, and engage in advertising activity." banner be removed? It's sort of intrusive.

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I'm a supporter and don't see these banners. CFC does run a script from cursecdn.com, but the site is down right now. What platform (PC, MAC, tablet, etc) and browser are you using to access CFC? Can you supply a screenshot of the banner? Thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. ryanmusante

4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You should only see it once, when you click OK it disappears. Curse is using this to comply with the new GDPR legislation in Europe.

ryanmusante likes this.
  5. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

On the list of 'partners' some of them require the user to visit their website to opt out of having data hoovered up which I don't belief meets the gdpr requirements of explicit opt in consent.

6. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Whether or not you think it meets the requirement is kind of immaterial for this thread (there's a couple of GDPR threads about if you want to dig into the gory details!), I was merely explaining what the banner is.

7. ryanmusante

Roger that.

8. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

As a donor is my data being collected or not.

Why is the ability to opt out of data mining not extended to all users of CFC?

9. Noble Zarkon

As a supporter you are not served ads so no data should be being collected via Curse therefore there is no need to give you an opt out.

10. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

I agree that no data should be collected. However, that does not answer my question:
    "Is the data being collected despite my being a supporter?"

11. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

A just question, my liege. Incidentally, didn't Civinator post about this issue recently? Or was that my imagination?

Was I asleep? Had I slept?

12. Noble Zarkon

Ads aren’t being served to you as you are a supporter so no.

13. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Money well spent!!

14. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

That´s a nice image about king Thunderfall and the 'Curse' laying over his kingdom. :thumbsup: The post about Curse LLC is now up again at CFC.