Curse you, Gazebo!

...I'm soon breaking 3.5k.

What's sad that it's been months since I actually managed to finish a game to victory - between CTD's, betatesting 34UC and just plain ol' ragequitting, my games end before Modern era pretty consistently.

What's sad that it's been months since I actually managed to finish a game to victory - between CTD's, betatesting 34UC and just plain ol' ragequitting, my games end before Modern era pretty consistently.
It's not sad when you don't continue a game which become not fun. If you really need that victory you could always drop difficulty or modify it ;) If you play Emperor or below, I recommend setting this:
HTML:
<CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>1</CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>
<TechNumOptionsConsidered>1</TechNumOptionsConsidered>
<PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>1</PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>
on lower difficulty, so AI don't have big bonuses, but makes best decisions.

It's not sad when you don't continue a game which become not fun. If you really need that victory you could always drop difficulty or modify it ;) If you play Emperor or below, I recommend setting this:
HTML:
<CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>1</CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>
<TechNumOptionsConsidered>1</TechNumOptionsConsidered>
<PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>1</PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>
on lower difficulty, so AI don't have big bonuses, but makes best decisions.
Eh, it's hardly directly because I could not achieve a victory (I play on King). Sadly it's mostly due to CTDs, and I haven't been able to hunt down why they happen. But that's not really on-topic here.

To help you beat the 12,500 hour record you don't need to rage quit ever again because when you notice either winning or loosing is inevitable, you can adjust the per-era modifier and reload the mod and your game. Did this just recently. Started out a game on prince then in modern I upped the modifier to deity level and within a dozen turns the AI starts to get really competitive again make the game really interesting. You can do this in reverse too if you are loosing. It only works on the AI's that are structurally capable of making quick benefit of the modifier. One city AI vassals don't see much improvement.

Well, to be fair, I wasn't actually playing a lot of those hours. I had the application open, but I was doing something else. It's frequently been open for days at a time.

Also, for the past couple years, I've been dealing with extreme alcoholism; thus my behavior and perception of time are rather warped.

Top Bottom