Cursed Lands - How to...

Tobbe_1

Chieftain
...create or how to remove cursed lands? Might be the wrong term...i mean that stuff the scions get boni from...

I already know that it spreads automatically and that the scion-temple creates a 1 square radius...but i want to create more (for scions) or get rid of them (others)...help?

edit: i found it i mean Haunted lands...

Sanctify is indeed correct, at least as of patch n (haven't heard anything about changing it, so I assume it will remain that way for patch O).

Hey, thanks for the information...I found out by myself that you also use creepers to create some, though its not easy without ghostwalkers, as the creepers have to survive a fight...

Concerning removing: THX, and it should also be added that you have stand NEXT to the Haunted lands, as spells are due to fail when standing IN haunted lands...

Hey, thanks for the information...I found out by myself that you also use creepers to create some, though its not easy without ghostwalkers, as the creepers have to survive a fight...

Concerning removing: THX, and it should also be added that you have stand NEXT to the Haunted lands, as spells are due to fail when standing IN haunted lands...

Actually when using sanctify you do have to stand in the haunted lands. sanctify removes hell terrain to a range of 1, but only removes haunted lands or city ruins if you stand on top of it. So yea, you'll have some problem with the spell failing, but that's what the new autocast option is for.

Actually when using sanctify you do have to stand in the haunted lands. sanctify removes hell terrain to a range of 1, but only removes haunted lands or city ruins if you stand on top of it. So yea, you'll have some problem with the spell failing, but that's what the new autocast option is for.

Good to know...looks like that all important information has been written down...close?

Actually, it might be a good idea - just like scrub fallout in BtS.
Ah, that explains the confusion. It's different between the two versions, then. :lol:
Lots of people in RifE try to use sanctify on it. ;)
Well, it does make sense to sanctify what is haunted, don't you think ;) ?
I really need to add documentation on spells or haunted lands pedia entries.

Currently you can remove them using:
sanctify (life I) - removed
blaze (fire I) - after burning they turn to normal forests
Vitalize (nature III) - turns to forest

And create by:
waiting them to spread
building temples of the gift
using blighter (scion druid replacement) spell
creepers - feed them with ghostwalkers or make sure they grow

Please be aware that swamps, forests & jungles can resist haunting from both spells and temple. Ancient/deep versions resist better.

I just finished a game of the Mechanos and didn't think I could remove them because I couldn't cast sanctify (or any other spell). I didn't realize that Vitalize by my 'priest' unit could do it. Wish I had read this the other day!

I think there ought to be a way to get rid of haunted lands without your mage standing in it, risk going mad whlie he continually fails to cast Sanctify and finally going mad and running off to get killed. I just find it extremely irritating and it usually compels me to remove the promotion in the world builder. Seems too steep a risk for merely trying to clean up your lands.

Speaking about haunted lands, maybe they should spread faster in Scion lands in 1.00 ? Usually only haunted lands I have until late game are ones from Temple of the Gift. Using creepers is very time consuming and just not cost-effective and blighters are late game. Of course, outside of Scion lands they should spread very, very slowly if at all.
On the other hand, Scions are very powerful now, so maybe they don't need further boost.. but haunted lands are sooo flavourful :D

One thing I noticed is that HL will spread arround the map even when the Scions are far away or even not in the game at all.

@PPQ Purple - Maps typically start with some sections of haunted lands, even without Scions being present. Them being around just makes spreading haunted lands in and around their territory faster.

I think haunted lands should have a chance to be created in any non-city plot where a unit dies, with the chance increasing with the unit's level. After all, the land has to be haunted by something...

I think haunted lands should have a chance to be created in any non-city plot where a unit dies, with the chance increasing with the unit's level. After all, the land has to be haunted by something...

I like this idea :) Not sure about increased chance with higher level units, but I like it anyway :)

Me too. ^^
But maybe just for the death of a stack (more than 5 units in that case and in the same turn...) ?

About the spell Vitalize... is it able to remove hell cases too ?

Just speaking to the rationale:
Unless the Scion lore has been radically changed in Orbis, what the Haunted Lands are haunted by is *not* ghosts. At all. In a way it's almost the opposite.

Much more lore-appropriate would be a chance at instant HL-ness if a unit is killed adjacent to an existing HL tile, or by certain Scion units. There's a contagion involved.

But that's all just the scare-quote lore scare-quote, which can be ignored or changed as desired.

Top Bottom