Custem Civ/Sponsor Editor.

Sniperian

Chieftain
To make this game have more re-play ability (witch already has alot) and allow people to express more freedoms when they start. They would be able to have a certain number of points in witch they could provide unique buffs to suit there play style and if they go over with there desired buffs they can have de-buffs that would give points to spend else wear, for instance they could make there civ have +1 food on all grasslands and Rivers, but as there de-buff to have -1 food on Water Tiles.

Keep in mind people would have no idea if what they buffed there unique civ with, would be helpful or even hurtful as they can't look at the planet before they pack there bags to travel.

In Civ BE Another way that players (as AI with custom civs would just be a bit strange defaltly) could instead of cargo and ship types and all use the choices for more points to there civ.

I think it would be too easy to take downsides that are easy to play around in such a system.

Personally I'd prefer stronger starting options to provide deeper asymmetry and customization.

I think it would be too easy to take downsides that are easy to play around in such a system.

Personally I'd prefer stronger starting options to provide deeper asymmetry and customization.

of course said downsides to play around though would remove less points thus making you have to take a ton of those making said things then useless to you to get one or two ok Common Upsides.:nuke:

With the addition of the Traits in Rising Tide, I think that this system would be redundant in many ways. With the flexibility of individual Traits being afforded, I see no real need to introduce a Sponsor tech that lets you build maluses like that to gain more for what would be your Character Trait.

I would prefer that focus be placed on creating interesting Sponsors with defined backstory and trait.

Top Bottom