Custom Assets folder

oldStatesman

Cybernaut
What is the purpose of this foldertree? It was created in 'My Documents" under 'My Games" - not on the drive I installed Civ4 to. Aslo, it seems that savedgames are located in this folder.

Can it be moved? I prefer not to have it there - I don't have a lot of free space on the partition with My docs - use it only for text based stuff.

TIA! :)

Custom Assets is a place where people can place 'permanent' mods without messing with the core files. For example, you could put Sn00py's Mod XVI in Custom Assets so it is loaded every time you play the game and still keep a copy that's good for things like multiplayer.

You can move the entire Civ content folder to wherever you like by modifying the shortcut. Right-click -> properties -> Target enter:

/ALTROOT=.

AFTER the shortcut path and the final "

This will tell civ to put all of its files in the Civ directory rather than in My Documents\.

Cool! Thanks Trip!

To make sure I understand you, this is a place for one custom Mod that you want to be a default - it will run instead of the vanilla Civ4 game when the game loads.

Glad it can be moved - I have a Game partition on my sytem that is about 80GB...the partition where My Docs is only 2 GB...I an a bit anal in keeping things in their place ;)

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Mods...

Top Bottom