Custom Borders

JFD

Kathigitarkh
I have a bit of a dilemma that I hope someone with more experience, insight, or creativity will be able to help solve. I'm looking for a way to artificially create borders, to cover an indeterminate number of tiles.

As I expect the real borders (i.e. the City-State and Civ borders) are hidden in the graphics DLL, I've only considered using Events.SerialEventHexHighlight() as a way around this problem. However, this event comes with its own. As discussed here, the highlights called by this event are hardcoded. Whilst bc1 points to one possible solution, my efforts to import and overwrite the Highlights.xml file were in vain (but indeed adding new highlights directly to that file works). Now, it is possible to highlight a tile specifying only colours to the event, however, this results only in the border of the tile being highlighted, as seen here, and obviously will not work to make a continuous border. What I'm looking for is something that either allows me to highlight the border of a continuous series of tiles, or which allows me to highlight the entire hex in a continuous series of tiles. Ideally, it would also have softened edges like with a civ's borders.

So if anyone can think of any way to accomplish this (I'm guessing it would not be possible to simulate a border via custom UI element), it would be of immense help. Thanks.

Top Bottom