1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Building for Custom Replacer District Not Buildable but can Purchase

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by kingchris20, Jan 15, 2018.

1. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    I have 2 things. A custom district that replaces the harbor and a building for that district apart from the 3 normal ones for the harbor.

My district can build the lighthouse, shipyard, and seaport just fine. They are buildable once unlocked and purchasable, as expected.

However the additional building; once it is unlocked, it does not appear under the district as buildable. I can purchase it and it works fine once it is purchased, however I would like to make it buildable.

One thing I tried just to see if it could be build, I changed the prereq district to the city center instead of my district, and sure enough, I could build it once it was researched. But I would really like to have it as part of my district and have the option to build it rather than just buy it.

What can I do to make it buildable?

The coding:

Code:
    <Types>
        <Row Type="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" Kind="KIND_DISTRICT"/>
        <Row Type="BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM" Kind="KIND_BUILDING"/>
    </Types>
    <Buildings>
        <Row BuildingType="BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM" Name="LOC_BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM_NAME" 
        Description="LOC_BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM_DESCRIPTION" PrereqCivic="CIVIC_CULTURAL_HERITAGE" 
        PrereqDistrict="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" Cost="600" 
        AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CULTURE" Maintenance="3" CitizenSlots="1"/>
    </Buildings>
    <Building_YieldChanges>
        <Row BuildingType="BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM" YieldType="YIELD_CULTURE" YieldChange="2"/>
    </Building_YieldChanges>
    <Building_GreatPersonPoints>
        <Row BuildingType="BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM" GreatPersonClassType="GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_MERCHANT" 
        PointsPerTurn="1"/>
    </Building_GreatPersonPoints>
    <Building_GreatWorks>
        <Row BuildingType="BUILDING_KC20_PIRATE_MUSEUM" GreatWorkSlotType="GREATWORKSLOT_ARTIFACT" 
        NumSlots="3" ThemingSameEras="true" ThemingUniqueCivs="true" ThemingYieldMultiplier="100" 
        ThemingTourismMultiplier="100" NonUniquePersonYield="1" NonUniquePersonTourism="1" 
        ThemingBonusDescription="LOC_BUILDING_THEMINGBONUS_ARCHAEOLOGY"/>
    </Building_GreatWorks>
    <DistrictReplaces>
        <Row CivUniqueDistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" ReplacesDistrictType="DISTRICT_HARBOR"/>
    </DistrictReplaces>
    <Districts>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" Name="LOC_KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD_NAME" 
        Description="LOC_KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD_DESCRIPTION" PrereqTech="TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION" 
        PlunderType="PLUNDER_GOLD" PlunderAmount="50" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" Cost="27" 
        CostProgressionModel="COST_PROGRESSION_NUM_UNDER_AVG_PLUS_TECH" CostProgressionParam1="40" 
        RequiresPlacement="true" Coast="true" Aqueduct="false" FreeEmbark="true" NoAdjacentCity="false" 
        AdjacentToLand="true" InternalOnly="false" ZOC="true" HitPoints="100" TradeEmbark="true" 
        CaptureRemovesBuildings="true" CaptureRemovesCityDefenses="false" MilitaryDomain="DOMAIN_SEA" 
        TravelTime="2" Appeal="1" CityStrengthModifier="2" 
        TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD"/>
    </Districts>
    <District_Adjacencies>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldChangeId="SeaResource_Gold"/>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldChangeId="District_Gold"/>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldChangeId="PirateStronghold_City_Gold"/>
    </District_Adjacencies>
    <District_GreatPersonPoints>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" GreatPersonClassType="GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_ADMIRAL" 
        PointsPerTurn="2"/>
    </District_GreatPersonPoints>
    <District_TradeRouteYields>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" 
        YieldChangeAsOrigin="0" YieldChangeAsDomesticDestination="1" YieldChangeAsInternationalDestination="0"/>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" 
        YieldChangeAsOrigin="0" YieldChangeAsDomesticDestination="0" YieldChangeAsInternationalDestination="3"/>
    </District_TradeRouteYields>
    <District_CitizenYieldChanges>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="2"/>
        <Row DistrictType="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE" YieldChange="1"/>
    </District_CitizenYieldChanges>
    <Adjacency_YieldChanges>
        <Row ID="PirateStronghold_Gold" Description="LOC_KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD_GOLD" 
        YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="2" TilesRequired="1" 
        AdjacentDistrict="KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD"/>
        <Row ID="PirateStronghold_City_Gold" Description="LOC_DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER_GOLD" 
        YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="2" TilesRequired="1" AdjacentDistrict="DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER"/>
    </Adjacency_YieldChanges>
    <DistrictModifiers>
        <Row>
            <DistrictType>KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD</DistrictType>
            <ModifierId>KC20_DISTRICT_PIRATE_STRONGHOLD_TRADE_ROUTE_CAPACITY</ModifierId>
        </Row>
    </DistrictModifiers>

2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Edited: I think you have to add that building to Harbor itself, I think this is related to a "known bug".

I for instance tried to replace harbor, and then lighthouse and the others, which cant be built either, the 3 buildings replaced dont appear to build.

But I never tried to purchase! if this is true, maybe a problem in interface of building in city!

By the way my solution was to replicate suff (and not replace).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    kingchris20 likes this.
  3. raen

raen Coat of Arms

I tried it out, a real bug on interface of building in city, since I can purchase like you´ve said!!!

So can someone correct the interface of building in city for this case?

In my case, since I replaced lighthouse, regular default lighthouse appear to build instead of my one, but both appear in purchase!

4. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room

Well here is the LUA involved with populating the list in the production panel (productionpanel.lua) for Districts and Nested buildings. I am no good with LUA, but I am going to take a look....hoping that someone else might take a look as well.

Code:
    -- Populate Districts ------------------------ CANNOT purchase districts
            districtList = listIM:GetInstance();
            districtList.Header:SetText(Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_DISTRICTS_BUILDINGS")));
            districtList.HeaderOn:SetText(Locale.ToUpper(Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_DISTRICTS_BUILDINGS")));
            local dL = districtList;    -- Due to lambda capture, we need to copy this for callback
            if ( districtList.districtListIM ~= nil ) then
                districtList.districtListIM:ResetInstances();
            else
                districtList.districtListIM = InstanceManager:new( "DistrictListInstance", "Root", districtList.List);   
            end

-- In the interest of performance, we're keeping the instances that we created and resetting the data.
            -- This requires a little bit of footwork to remember the instances that have been modified and to manually reset them.
            for _,type in ipairs(m_TypeNames) do           
                if ( districtList[BUILDING_IM_PREFIX..type] ~= nil) then        --Reset the states for the building instance managers 
                    districtList[BUILDING_IM_PREFIX..type]:ResetInstances();
                end
                if ( districtList[BUILDING_DRAWER_PREFIX..type] ~= nil) then    --Reset the states of the drawers
                    districtList[BUILDING_DRAWER_PREFIX..type]:SetHide(true);
                end
            end

for i, item in ipairs(data.DistrictItems) do
                local districtListing = districtList["districtListIM"]:GetInstance();
                ResetInstanceVisibility(districtListing);
                -- Check to see if this district item is one of the items that is recommended:
                for _,hash in ipairs( m_recommendedItems) do
                    if(item.Hash == hash.BuildItemHash) then
                        districtListing.RecommendedIcon:SetHide(false);
                    end
                end

local nameStr = Locale.Lookup("{1_Name}", item.Name);
                if (item.Repair) then
                    nameStr = nameStr .. "[NEWLINE]" .. Locale.Lookup("LOC_PRODUCTION_ITEM_REPAIR");
                end
                if (item.Contaminated) then
                    nameStr = nameStr .. Locale.Lookup("LOC_PRODUCTION_ITEM_DECONTAMINATE");
                end
                districtListing.LabelText:SetText(nameStr);

local turnsStrTT:string = "";
                local turnsStr:string = "";

if(item.HasBeenBuilt and GameInfo.Districts[item.Type].OnePerCity == true and not item.Repair and not item.Contaminated and item.Progress == 0) then
                    turnsStrTT = Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_DISTRICT_BUILT_TT");
                    turnsStr = "[ICON_Checkmark]";
                else
                    local numberOfTurns = item.TurnsLeft;
                    if numberOfTurns == -1 then
                        numberOfTurns = "999+";
                        turnsStrTT = Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_WILL_NOT_COMPLETE");
                    else
                        turnsStrTT = numberOfTurns .. Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_TURNS_TO_COMPLETE", item.TurnsLeft);
                    end
                    turnsStr = numberOfTurns .. "[ICON_Turn]";
                end

if(item.Progress > 0) then
                    districtListing.ProductionProgressArea:SetHide(false);
                    local districtProgress = item.Progress/item.Cost;
                    if (districtProgress < 1) then
                        districtListing.ProductionProgress:SetPercent(districtProgress);
                    else
                        districtListing.ProductionProgressArea:SetHide(true);
                    end
                else
                    districtListing.ProductionProgressArea:SetHide(true);
                end

districtListing.CostText:SetToolTipString(turnsStrTT);
                districtListing.CostText:SetText(turnsStr);
                districtListing.Button:SetToolTipString(item.ToolTip);
                districtListing.Disabled:SetToolTipString(item.ToolTip);
                districtListing.Icon:SetIcon(ICON_PREFIX..item.Type);

local districtType = item.Type;
                -- Check to see if this is a unique district that will be substituted for another kind of district
                if(GameInfo.DistrictReplaces[item.Type] ~= nil) then
                    districtType =     GameInfo.DistrictReplaces[item.Type].ReplacesDistrictType;
                end
                local uniqueBuildingIMName = BUILDING_IM_PREFIX..districtType;
                local uniqueBuildingAreaName = BUILDING_DRAWER_PREFIX..districtType;

table.insert(m_TypeNames, districtType);
                districtList[uniqueBuildingIMName] = InstanceManager:new( "BuildingListInstance", "Root", districtListing.BuildingStack);
                districtList[uniqueBuildingAreaName] = districtListing.BuildingDrawer;
                districtListing.CompletedArea:SetHide(true);

if (item.Disabled) then 
                    if(item.HasBeenBuilt) then
                        districtListing.CompletedArea:SetHide(false);
                        districtListing.Disabled:SetHide(true);
                    else
                        if(showDisabled) then
                            districtListing.Disabled:SetHide(false);
                            districtListing.Button:SetColor(COLOR_LOW_OPACITY);
                        else
                            districtListing.Root:SetHide(true);
                        end
                    end
                else
                    districtListing.Root:SetHide(false);
                    districtListing.Disabled:SetHide(true);
                    districtListing.Button:SetColor(0xFFFFFFFF);
                end
                districtListing.Button:SetDisabled(item.Disabled);
                districtListing.Button:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, function()
                districtListing.Button:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eMouseEnter,    function() UI.PlaySound("Main_Menu_Mouse_Over"); end);

ZoneDistrict(data.City, item);
                    Close();
                end);

if(not IsTutorialRunning()) then
                    districtListing.Button:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eRClick, function()
                        LuaEvents.OpenCivilopedia(item.Type);
                    end);
                end

districtListing.Root:SetTag(UITutorialManager:GetHash(item.Type));
            end

districtList.List:CalculateSize();
            districtList.List:ReprocessAnchoring();

if (districtList.List:GetSizeY()==0) then
                districtList.Top:SetHide(true);
            else
                m_maxProductionSize = m_maxProductionSize + HEADER_Y + SEPARATOR_Y;
                districtList.Header:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, function()
                    OnExpand(dL);                   
                    end);
                districtList.Header:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eMouseEnter,    function() UI.PlaySound("Main_Menu_Mouse_Over"); end);
                districtList.HeaderOn:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, function()
                    OnCollapse(dL);                   
                    end);
                districtList.HeaderOn:RegisterCallback(    Mouse.eMouseEnter,    function() UI.PlaySound("Main_Menu_Mouse_Over"); end);
            end

prodDistrictList = dL;

-- Populate Nested Buildings -----------------

for i, buildingItem in ipairs(data.BuildingItems) do
                if(not buildingItem.IsWonder) then
                    local uniqueDrawerName = BUILDING_DRAWER_PREFIX..buildingItem.PrereqDistrict;
                    local uniqueIMName = BUILDING_IM_PREFIX..buildingItem.PrereqDistrict;
                    if (districtList[uniqueIMName] ~= nil) then
                        local buildingListing = districtList[uniqueIMName]:GetInstance();   
                        ResetInstanceVisibility(buildingListing);   
                        -- Check to see if this is one of the recommended items
                        for _,hash in ipairs( m_recommendedItems) do
                            if(buildingItem.Hash == hash.BuildItemHash) then
                                buildingListing.RecommendedIcon:SetHide(false);
                            end
                        end
                        buildingListing.Root:SetSizeX(305);
                        buildingListing.Button:SetSizeX(305);
                        local districtBuildingAreaControl = districtList[uniqueDrawerName];
                        districtBuildingAreaControl:SetHide(false);

--Fill the meter if there is any progress, hide it if not
                        if(buildingItem.Progress > 0) then
                            buildingListing.ProductionProgressArea:SetHide(false);
                            local buildingProgress = buildingItem.Progress/buildingItem.Cost;
                            if (buildingProgress < 1) then
                                buildingListing.ProductionProgress:SetPercent(buildingProgress);
                            else
                                buildingListing.ProductionProgressArea:SetHide(true);
                            end
                        else
                            buildingListing.ProductionProgressArea:SetHide(true);
                        end

local nameStr = Locale.Lookup("{1_Name}", buildingItem.Name);
                        if (buildingItem.Repair) then
                            nameStr = nameStr .. "[NEWLINE]" .. Locale.Lookup("LOC_PRODUCTION_ITEM_REPAIR");
                        end
                        buildingListing.LabelText:SetText(nameStr);
                        local turnsStrTT:string = "";
                        local turnsStr:string = "";
                        local numberOfTurns = buildingItem.TurnsLeft;
                        if numberOfTurns == -1 then
                            numberOfTurns = "999+";
                            turnsStrTT = Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_WILL_NOT_COMPLETE");
                        else
                            turnsStrTT = numberOfTurns .. Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_TURNS_TO_COMPLETE", buildingItem.TurnsLeft);
                        end
                        turnsStr = numberOfTurns .. "[ICON_Turn]";
                        buildingListing.CostText:SetToolTipString(turnsStrTT);
                        buildingListing.CostText:SetText(turnsStr);
                        buildingListing.Button:SetToolTipString(buildingItem.ToolTip);
                        buildingListing.Disabled:SetToolTipString(buildingItem.ToolTip);
                        buildingListing.Icon:SetIcon(ICON_PREFIX..buildingItem.Type);
                        if (buildingItem.Disabled) then 
                            if(showDisabled) then
                                buildingListing.Disabled:SetHide(false);
                                buildingListing.Button:SetColor(COLOR_LOW_OPACITY);
                            else
                                buildingListing.Button:SetHide(true);
                            end
                        else
                            buildingListing.Button:SetHide(false);
                            buildingListing.Disabled:SetHide(true);
                            buildingListing.Button:SetSizeY(BUTTON_Y);
                            buildingListing.Button:SetColor(0xffffffff);
                        end
                        buildingListing.Button:SetDisabled(buildingItem.Disabled);
                        buildingListing.Button:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eMouseEnter,    function() UI.PlaySound("Main_Menu_Mouse_Over"); end);
                        buildingListing.Button:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eLClick, function()
                            BuildBuilding(data.City, buildingItem);
                            Close();
                        end);

if(not IsTutorialRunning()) then
                            buildingListing.Button:RegisterCallback( Mouse.eRClick, function()
                                LuaEvents.OpenCivilopedia(buildingItem.Type);
                            end);
                        end

buildingListing.Button:SetTag(UITutorialManager:GetHash(buildingItem.Type));

end
                end
            end

raen likes this.