Custom Civs in custom maps

Vraen

Chieftain
First thing first: hi all, i own the game since it was released but i realized only 2 days ago there are mods for it. Lol.

Now i'm trying to make a sort of map with WWII characters, but starting from ancient age.

The map i am using is ''Play the world extended vanilla v2''
As for the civilizations, i was trying to add the empire of poland, the nazist germany and the fascist italy.
Here's what i did:

I opened up world creator, selected the mdos to be used, clsoed the mods window, opened the map, and added them in the scenario editor, substituting the ones that were placed in their spots....I saved, and i closed the map.

When i go into mods-single player-custom map, i choose that one map i edited (i changed its name, too, to recognaise it more easily), but when i select LOAD SCENARIO, the custom civilizations that i added, just don't appear. if i don't load the scenario, though, they're there, available to be played.

Weird thing is that yesterday it worked out, and i managed to get into the map with the civilizations i wanted, and with all the map in scenario mode (but i lost that game, so gg). Now i am trying to remember what did i do to make it work, but i can't manage to get it.

Any clue? Thanks for the help, and sorry for the wall of text!

IIRC there is a bug in the scenario loading code. If you enable the scenario, select any civ, start the game, play a single turn, exit that game back to the menu, select the scenario again your new civs will now show as playable.

Ah, that helped me a lot sir! Will do (meanwhile i decided tor einstall the game from scratch, because bugs started appearing everywhere....everywhere!) Thank you for the answer!

Top Bottom