Custom difficulty with modpack

Faple

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I've been trying to create a custom difficulty, so I'm using this page from the wiki : https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/Customizing_Difficulty_Levels, but as I'm using the modpack, I've changed the difficulty settings in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Z-MP_MODPACK\Mods\(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)\Balance Changes\Difficulty\DifficultyMod.xml

But when I start the game on the difficulty I changed (it was Deity) it doesn't take it into account... Any ideas as to why ?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I've been trying to create a custom difficulty, so I'm using this page from the wiki : https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/Customizing_Difficulty_Levels, but as I'm using the modpack, I've changed the difficulty settings in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Z-MP_MODPACK\Mods\(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)\Balance Changes\Difficulty\DifficultyMod.xml

But when I start the game on the difficulty I changed (it was Deity) it doesn't take it into account... Any ideas as to why ?

Thanks

I have zero experience in modpacks or multiplayer using VP, so I can't directly help you solve the problem (unless it's that you didn't save your changes).

I suspect one of the following: that the database isn't being updated because the file location has changed/some other problem, OR that your difficulty is set to a different level because you're playing multiplayer. Also, are all players playing at the same difficulty level? When I played vanilla multiplayer games with two players at different difficulties I noticed that, for instance, the Barbarian bonus was modified.

Best of luck finding the problem, maybe someone else here can help.

I'm playing single player, so there shouldn't be a problem there... I think I'll install it again with the mods if I don't find anything

Thanks anyway :)

All SQL and XML changes of the mods are compiled in a single file called Civ5Units.xml (except text changes; those are in a separate xml) in the Overrides folder. You can change whatever you want there.

Just tried it and it works even with the modpack ! Thanks a lot :D

Top Bottom