1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

custom keys

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ceiph, Dec 16, 2005.

1. ceiph

ceiph Chieftain

i was wondering if anyone knew to change keys i dont see an easy way to do this and since i have a 5 button mouse id like to make the enter key perform as one of the extra buttons on mouse, so i can play with 1 hand lol

2. Natronomonas

Natronomonas Warlord

Can't you just click the "end turn" red button thing?

3. wmtrexler

wmtrexler ICBM Diplomacy

He doesn't want it to end turn he wants it to leave city screens without ending turn.

Actually you don't have to change keys in game. It should work if you go to your mouse software and change the mouse button there.

4. Woody

Woody General

I am a bit confused, what do you need to hit enter for that you cant do with the mouse?

5. Natronomonas

Natronomonas Warlord

you can leave the city screen just by clicking the "press enter to return" with the mouse...
    I'm still not clear on what exactly needs changing?

6. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

You can leave the city screen by either clicking the middle mouse button, or by clicking in the map area, but outside the fat cross that marks the workable tiles.

Mapping a key to a mouse button in order to perform a fuction that can be triggered with the mouse in two alternative ways already sounds a little overkill though. ;)

7. Exavier

Exavier Destroyer of Worlds

I would like to remap keys... my laptop doesn't have a scroll lock button (that i have ever found) so I can't activate my Microphone in MP :(

8. ceiph

ceiph Chieftain

thanks for response i didnt relize the click thing lol