Custom Leaders?

I was going to ask the same question... of course an answer is "with the editor"

Another answer (and one i think the original poster might have been wondering about too) is "Yes - during game start up - in addition to selecting one of the pre-made leaders you can also pick a figurehead and pick your custom traits to create a custom leader."

do we know if the last answer is possible?

"Yes - during game start up - in addition to selecting one of the pre-made leaders you can also pick a figurehead and pick your custom traits to create a custom leader."

WHAT??? Is this really true? Where has this been said?

Craterus22 said:
I was going to ask the same question... of course an answer is "with the editor"

Another answer (and one i think the original poster might have been wondering about too) is "Yes - during game start up - in addition to selecting one of the pre-made leaders you can also pick a figurehead and pick your custom traits to create a custom leader."

do we know if the last answer is possible?

I hope so.

"I think I'll play the US with Catherine the Great as my leaderhead, Philosophical / Industrious, and the Indian fast worker as my UU, freedom of religion as my preferred civic, and start wth Hunting and Mysticism"

That would be lovely if we could do that at scenario creation, instead of only in the editor (which would feel like cheating). I hate playing stock races in 4X games. There just sooo... balanced. Yuck!

I doubt it, the traits that are available to the leaders of a civ are probably balanced for a particular civilization's starting picks and UU, to prevent any excessive synergy.

Being able to rename one's leaderhead and civ almost certainly will be possible at game start, and It would be nice to pick the graphic of your leaderhead, although I don't know if they will do that.

I Could see them allowing you to pick custom starting techs, UU, abilities, perhaps even favored Civics choices, BUT that would require more significant balancing than they may have done.

I'm disappointed if they don't. The Greeks and Hoplites were such a perfect match for me in Civ3...but not now. I'd want to cobble my own together. Creative and Philosophical...and I'll have to find out more about the units before I know about the UU I'd want. Probably this "phalanx" but since combat's completely different, who knows?

Ex Mudder said:
I hate playing stock races in 4X games. There just sooo... balanced.

That is kinda the point. ;)

warpstorm said:
That is kinda the point. ;)

And it would be unbalanced if the americans had different leader traits? I find that hard to believe...

Regarding balance issues - there has seldom been a computer game that came out of the box "balanced", I think it is unlikely that the civ crew has "balanced" all the civs in the game.

The computer is here to make life on planet earth easier... lets put all scores in the Hall of Fame and lets let people choose leader traits without having to open up an editor...

Since they are still working on the interface it should not be that hard to throw in...

I AM NOT A CAVEMAN!

yeah but that cheat menu prevented you apperaing on the HOF scores... and they have the editor now. so you can just make a scenario with your ideal race combo, and then play it as the 'cheat menu' equivalent.

well, obviously, when i reference the cheat menu i believe custom leaders would warrant the same consequences -- no HOF.

it just seems like something that would add fun to the game without any significant development time or any adverse effects.

trotskylite said:
well, obviously, when i reference the cheat menu i believe custom leaders would warrant the same consequences -- no HOF.

it just seems like something that would add fun to the game without any significant development time or any adverse effects.

Not to highjack the thread but ALL games played and scored should be recorded in HOF - perhaps another section of the HOF or an astericks score in the HOF but in the HOF none the less...

*nearly 100% of the games I play with civ3 are modified and thus unable to score - I often play the same modded map many times (I am sure others do as well) - having a section of the HOF for modded score recording is the right thing to do because we are NOT cavemen!

Top Bottom