Custom Tile Improvements

Spacereamer

Chieftain
Hello Civ Modders!

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for a little mod I'm working on.

I want to add a few tile improvements, namely:

Advanced Farms
Automated Farms
Nanite Farms

They will basically add extra food resources and for the later 2, some production as well.

After reading the rather excellent modding guide here and some poking around in vanilla xml files, I have been able to achieve adding the new improvements, relevant techs required and a new unit called a farmer (Just using the worker unit art atm)

Unfortunately, it seems that, even if you define the farm art as the existing farms, nothing appears. I am extremely confused! Has anyone else had this issue?

What I would really like to do however, is add my own custom models instead of the vanilla farms. If possible, I was wanting to get my hands on the vanilla farms and modify them.

I have no idea where to start though. Does anyone have any pointers/tutorials they could point me in the direction of? Has anyone else managed to achieve this?

I've read loads of forums posts, general google/bing searches but still have no idea! :confused:

Any help you guys could give would greatly appreciated! :goodjob:

Top Bottom