Custom Trait Won't Load!!

Telecide

Chieftain
Hi. Forgive my frustration here, but I find myself completely unable to accomplish the simplest task in civ 5. I want to make a civ with its own unique trait, but no matter what I do I can't get any civ to a trait other than the default.

Right now I'm just trying to get this simple bit of code to work to change Napolean's trait, and then I can move on to other stuff.

Code:
<Leader_Traits>
		<Update>
			<Set TraitType="TRAIT_RIVER_EXPANSION"/>
			<Where LeaderType="LEADER_NAPOLEON"/>
		</Update>
	</Leader_Traits>

I'm assuming if I'm successful I'll be able to see that the description fo the civilization's bonus has changed.

Seems simple enough, right. What could be going wrong?

Thanks. :)

Ok, I actually got that part to work. Now what I'm having problems with is changing an existing leaders trait to a custom one.

Are you creating a brand new one from scratch? If so make sure you are looking at the table at the top of the file to see the accepted parameters. Her is an example of one i made that grants + 2 culture to all cultural buildings.

<Row>
<Type>TRAIT_CULTURE_FROM_BUILDINGS</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_CULTURE_FROM_BUILDINGS</Description>
<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_CULTURE_FROM_BUILDINGS_SHORT</ShortDescription>
<CultureBuildingYieldChange>2</CultureBuildingYieldChange>
</Row>

Now the part that says <Type>TRAIT_CULTURE_FROM_BUILDINGS</Type> can be named anything you want you just have to follow modifiers that are hard coded into the game such as <CultureBuildingYieldChange>

This part is listed in the "traits" file and then you just change the modifier under the leader file bearing that leaders name. Additionally, if you want the name of the new trait to show up properly in game, you must create an entry for it in the New Text folder under EN_US and the file is TextInfos_Jon.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Top Bottom