Custom Unique Improvements unable to be built.

Crimson13

Prince
I finally was able to have a civ that could create a UI, it showed up in the civ selection menu and everything and I could play the civ with no CTD or problems relating to that. However my workers don't get the choice to put down a UI I made for the civ when I should be able to.

Another thing that's odd is that none of them have a tech that unlocks them but I can look inside of the files and see that everyone of them does have a prerequisite tech.

What would cause this problem?

What would cause this problem?

Many things.

But without the actual mod (see second link in my sig) we have no way to ascertain which of the many it is.

My bad, I was hoping for an easy answer and forgot to add the mod. It's a mod civ that I've made compatible with the Community Patch Project. It already has it's own UI's from the vanilla game but they're custom for this civ, otherwise they couldn't be added apparently. Its just when I add more from the CPP and update the others to reflect the changes they can't be made. I also have more problems like other civs being able to take my custom beliefs and apparently at least one UA but that's not for here.

Attachments

• Ultimate Civilization (v 10).rar
    180 KB · Views: 33
Enable logging and fix your errors

Code:
[60593.140] table Beliefs has no column named CivilizationType
[60593.140] In Query - insert into Beliefs('Type', 'Description', 'ShortDescription', 'Pantheon', 'CivilizationType') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
[60593.140] In XMLSerializer while updating table Beliefs from file Xml/Leaders/Ozymandias.xml.

[60593.171] no such table: Building_ImprovementYieldChanges
[60593.171] In Query - insert into Building_ImprovementYieldChanges('BuildingType', 'ImprovementType', 'YieldType', 'Yield') values (?, ?, ?, ?);
[60593.171] In XMLSerializer while updating table Building_ImprovementYieldChanges from file Xml/Buildings/UltimateLonghouse.xml.

[60593.203] no such table: Improvement_YieldAdjacentTwoSameType
[60593.203] In Query - insert into Improvement_YieldAdjacentTwoSameType('ImprovementType', 'YieldType', 'Yield') values (?, ?, ?);
[60593.203] In XMLSerializer while updating table Improvement_YieldAdjacentTwoSameType from file Xml/Terrain/UniqueTileImprovements.xml.

Building_ImprovementYieldChanges seems to be part of the CP deal-thingie defined as a new table when using CP, defined in file (1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Tables\CoreTableAdditions.xml

Improvement_YieldAdjacentTwoSameType is defined as a new table when using the CP. It's listed there in a file called (1) Community Patch\Core Files\PNM Mods DB\API\UnifiedYields.xml

I'm guessing the other thing is also from the CP DLL-mod, so begs the question whether Crimson13 has the CP part of CP/CBP enabled. If not, he'd certainly get what you are seeing. Nor do I see anywhere in his mod where CP-dll mod has to be enabled in order for the Ultimate Civilization mod to operate correctly. There's no reference nor dependancy to the CP-dll mod, so if it loads after the Ultimate Civilization mod, none of the new tables introduced by the CP-dll mod will be registered to the game database when Ultimate Civilization mod attempts to run.

That's weird for the Beliefs part on CivilizationType because it is in there; for example:
<Beliefs>
<Row>
<Type>BELIEF_CERNUNNOS_ULTIMATE_2</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BELIEF_CERNUNNOS</Description>
<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_BELIEF_CERNUNNOS_SHORT</ShortDescription>
<Pantheon>true</Pantheon>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_OZYMANDIAS</CivilizationType>
</Row>
</Beliefs>

As for the others the Ultimate Longhouse seems to work fine. The Improvement_YieldAdjacentTwoSameType on the other hand, maybe that's the one to get rid of so the UI's can work.

As for loading order I do it so the CP and all the associated files load first then enable the rest.

That's weird for the Beliefs part on CivilizationType because it is in there; for example:
<Beliefs>
<Row>
<Type>BELIEF_CERNUNNOS_ULTIMATE_2</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BELIEF_CERNUNNOS</Description>
<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_BELIEF_CERNUNNOS_SHORT</ShortDescription>
<Pantheon>true</Pantheon>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_OZYMANDIAS</CivilizationType>
</Row>
</Beliefs>

As for the others the Ultimate Longhouse seems to work fine. The Improvement_YieldAdjacentTwoSameType on the other hand, maybe that's the one to get rid of so the UI's can work.

As for loading order I do it so the CP and all the associated files load first then enable the rest.
You misunderstand what the error whoward69 is pointing to means. It means that a column called <CivilizationType> is not valid for use in table <Beliefs>. Whether CP is supposed to add that column to table <Beliefs> is beyond my knowlege of CP.

I copied and pasted it from the civ that CP changed to have its own beliefs and changed it to mine. So it seems like it should work.

The problem lies in the fact that CP has a custom .dll modification that adds tables to the database and defines what they do. If you're not running the CP .dll mod, then their added tables won't work. So if you just copy/pasted existing CP code but didn't also add a dependency that the mod must require activating the Community Patch dll, then you'll get errors like the ones already covered.

Well that explains some things. And it's possibility beyond what I can do since all I can do is mostly just copy and paste with a few changes if I'm looking at them. Dammit.

Top Bottom