Customising the "Play Now" button?

T.c.w7468

Sorry if this has already been asked (I tried searching), but is there any way to customise what settings the "Play Now" button does (currently it is on Prince, small, Standard time, continents), but I want to change it to something like {Prince, Huge, Standard time, shuffle}? It's a very minor issue, but it would be nice to just click one button and play a game with personal settings, without having to make a custom game every time.

No way that i know, and it seems like it doesn't even remember your last settings like it did in CiV(5). It's rather pointless as it stands right now, and worst of all it's above the normal "create game" ant tends to confuse people into clicking it even thought they don't want a random prince small map game.

The closest I've been able to come is changing a configuration file...
(I may be wrong but) It seems as though the defaults are hard coded, it only reads the configuration file when you hit "Restore Default" button.

File Path: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Configuration\Data
File Name: SetupParameters.xml

For example I always play in Marathon Speed so I changed the line to:
<Row ParameterId="GameSpeeds" Name="LOC_GAME_SPEED" Description="" Domain="StandardGameSpeeds" DefaultValue="GAMESPEED_MARATHON" ConfigurationGroup="Game" ConfigurationId="GAME_SPEED_TYPE" ValueNameConfigurationId="GAME_SPEED_NAME" Hash="1" GroupId="GameOptions" SupportsLANMultiplayer="0" SupportsInternetMultiplayer="0" SupportsHotSeat="0" SortIndex="70"/>

Disclaimer: Modifying game files may cause issues.. always make a backup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom