Customizable domestic advisor - can't save settings

Zincat

Chieftain
Hello, new user here of this wonderful mod and I would need a bit of help.
I used to play civ4 with RoM (vanilla latest version), but after formatting my pc I decided to try caveman to cosmos, and I'm really liking it a lot.

I do have a small problem though. I am now unable to save my custom domestic advisor windows, both with version 19 and with version 20 of the mod. In RoM it worked fine, but I do not remember doing anything to the "main game", so to speak, so I am posting here hoping to get some advice.

Under BUG mod options, advisors screen, I have domestic advisor -> customizable checked, large large both, and also zoom to city details checked.

Now, let's say I create a new page, rename it, populate it with the colums I want, and then save it. The next time I reload the game, it will have disappeared.

Is there anything I am missing? Any ideas? This is a serious problem for me... Once your empire start to get big, custom views are a must in order to progress.

Welcome to CFC.

The BUG settings have been wierd for a while in that you need to save the game TWICE after applying the settings to get them to 'stick'. I have no idea why this is or why it hasn't been fixed.

Hope that solves your problem.

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I want to point out that the bug options DO stick after reloading. It's just the custom domestic advisors views that do not.

Unfortunately your suggestion does not help. I tried saving multiple times, but after reload the custom views are gone.

Now another small thing that MIGHT help. If I exit to main screen and then reload the game, then the custom views do stay. But once I exit the game entirely and then reload, they do not.

Basically, it's as if the game does add the custom views to the files loaded into memory, but does not save them to the hard drive. Once I exit the game, the files are unloaded from memory, and obviously the custom views for the domestic dvisor screen are lost.

Any other ideas/ suggestions? And thanks for the help.

Please post this in the V20 Bugs thread. Along with a save game or screenshots to demonstrate the problem.

JosEPh

Top Bottom