[Vanilla] Customize Difficulty?

Hello! I Love Civilisation, i enjoy this game alot but considering i dont have friends to play with AI it is.
For the past year the built in difficulties has been working well for me but lately i have found myself winning easily on King difficulty and i lose the game every time on emperor. This comes down to the early game, the fact they have two settlers from the start. I have found i like the choices the AI does and even if i get that this challenge is enjoyable for alot of players, i do not enjoy it. This has caused me to stop playing the game lately and if my friends dont suddenly buy into the game out of nowhere i dont see this changing. However i do enjoy some of the choices i see from the emperor AI, they play the game alot more aggresive and if they have the recources they punish me alot better.
So my question is, is it possible for me either ingame or by modding change it so that i can play against emperor and higher difficulty AI but without them starting with more settlers? still the same AI, same production,culture and science boosts but they start out with 1 settler just like me?

Top Bottom