Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 4 billion years

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 5 billion years

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Tristan_C

Emperor
I was wondering what effect this variable has on the world. I generated a few "3" worlds and then a few "5" worlds. The only thing I can guess at is that "5" worlds contain many small mountain terrain cluster seeds, while the 3's contain one or two, possibly big, ones. Is this the case? Which type of world would you prefer for a space race?

Older world means more flat terrain which is better for food and trade.
More population and more trade mean faster science.
You get fewer resources with fewer hills and mountains, but if you have the trade, you can buy the spacrship parts.

Older world means more flat terrain which is better for food and trade.
More population and more trade mean faster science.
You get fewer resources with fewer hills and mountains, but if you have the trade, you can buy the spacrship parts.

You're certain? It seemed to me that 5 billion resulted in more mountains. I looked at about 20 maps; maybe the difference is really small.

I haven't actually done the real world research. Just assumed from the graphics in the game showing smoother terrain as the world gets older.

If you actually get more mountains with a 5 billion year old world, this changes my vote.

played with 5 billions for last 20 years,everything is nice and smooth enough for me)

3 billions years old Worlds give more concentrated terrain types against the 5 billions years old Worlds which give fairly mixed terrains. If you like big mountain ranges and forests or deserts that spread wide and long, take the former rather then the latter.

I read somewhere (possibly in "Rome on 640K a Day") that the only thing that is affected by age is mountains and hills. 3 billion years has more mountain, 5 billion years has hills. But the total of Mountains + Hills is the same for both scenarios.

Yeah, that's true but you really get more concentrated landscapes versus mixed terrain types.

Top Bottom