Customize-your-civ

lordsurya08

class-A procrastinator
Here's how it works:

1) Pick a name for your civilization (or steal one).
2) Pick one unique ability - it must be one in Civ 5 or DLC
3) Pick two unique things (units, buildings, improvements etc. from the game or DLC
4) Tell us about your leader's personality.

I'll go first:

The Heavenly Kingdom

UA: Half unhappiness from population, double unhappiness from cities

UU: Janissary: Heals fully after killing. Replaces musketman
UU: Foreign Legion: +20% strength in foreign territory

Focus on high pop and tech. Use barracks, armory, military academy. Go to war as soon as Janissaries are available, putting off rifling until the tech disparity with my enemies becomes zero. Use foreign legions promoted to mechs to conquer the whole world!

Start bias: River

Kingdom of Beer

UA: Half unhappiness from population, double unhappiness from cities
UB: Floating Gardens
UI: Terrace Farm

Personality: Expansionist focussed at creating high population cities near river and mountain areas. Not aggresive but focussed at defensive millitary. Also drinks alot of beer.

Starting bias: Rivers, mountains and hills

Kingdom of Chuck

UA: Units fight at full strength even when damaged.

UU: Janissary, heals fully after kill.
UU: Khan, starts with Medic II and has 5 moves.

Personality: warmonger. Will be unable to sign peace treaties after discovery of Gunpowder.

I like this threat so am bumping.

Empire of Sneakers

UA: Golden Ages last 50% longer. Units gain +1 move and +10% combat bonus during golden age.
UU: Cho-ku-nu: May fire twice instead of once, replaces crossbow
UU: Berserkers: Has 1 additional move and amphibious promotion, replaces longswordsman

Personality: Warmongering during golden ages. Using cho-ku-nus to move once and fire twice and using Berserkers like cavalry (with 4 moves).

Alright, I'll give it a shot:

Regalian Confederacy

UA: + 1 movement to cavalry units, +33% combat vs city states and city state units
UU 1: Cossack
UU 2: Panzer

Build up cavalry forces early, upgrade into cossacks followed by upgrading into panzers with tons of promotions and the ability to do extra damage to weakened units. Terrifyingly swift and deadly military.

Great Nation of Ianstonia

UA: Loyalty to the colors, same as Bushido
UU 1: Proffesional Soldier, same as Roman legion
UU 2: Mixed Formation, same as Tercio but without extra production cost, Pikemen and LS upgrade into it
OP?
Start Bias: Highlands
Personality: Defensive, doesn't fire unless fired upon, but brutal in wars
Leader: Ian

The Netherlands

special ability: Food/Culture from friendly City-states doubled

special building: bazar

special unit: conquistor

Personallity: Focussed on building up a high economy fast and expand rapidly
mostly neutral/friendly will form a great trading partner. But they have a huge army to defend themself because of their succesfull economy...
They will help their friends in need sow if you denounce one of their friends prepare for war with them.. They are extremely protective to citie states if you atack one you will surely come in conflict with them.

edit: Yes i actually stole one ha!!!

In early years dutch where know for their economy and making new colonies sow from their the unique units and abilitys... And it allways have been neutral in world powers so from their special ability.

@apocalypse

Not trying to be mean, but it's spelled "so", not "sow". Just a heads up ;)

The Federation

Special ability: Ingenuity (Receive free Great Scientist when you discover writing, earn Great Scientists at double the usual rate)

Special building: Wat (no prerequisite buildings, additional scientist slot, +3 culture,no extra science for worked jungle tiles)

Special unit: Janissary (Heals if destroys another unit, +25% combat bonus when attacking)

Personality: Focused on science and culture untill industrial era, then switching into heavvy military

That's exactly what I hope to never happen! :)

I mean.... this feature is implemented in old Master of Magic or Master of Orion, and the result seen is that, since everyone can make up his own empire with a combo of items, noone is going to pick a premade and weaker one.

It would completely ruin the magic of Civ; you'd be playing NO LONGER against actual historical mighty powers, but something you invented, just a bunch of numbers.

In my opinion, atmosphere is what matters!! :)

Barbarian Civilization:

UA=River Warlord:Receive triple Gold from Barbarian encampments and pillaging Cities. Embarked units can defend themselves.
UU=Berserker
UU=Keshik

Personality:
Before Middle Ages=Sleeping angel.
At Middle Ages= Destroyer of Civilizations

UA - Barbary Corsairs
50% Chance of converting a Barbarian naval unit to your side and earning 25 Gold.
UU - War Chariots
UU - Iron Clads

This civiliztion thrives on mediocrity and futility. Go forth and semi-prosper!!!

japtecylon

ua: babylon
uu: jaguar warrior
uu: samurai

every game would start with a ridiculously fast & powerful steel rush.

Barbarian Civilization:

UA=River Warlord:Receive triple Gold from Barbarian encampments and pillaging Cities. Embarked units can defend themselves.
UU=Berserker
UU=Keshik

Personality:
Before Middle Ages=Sleeping angel.
At Middle Ages= Destroyer of Civilizations

I get River Warlord, but shouldn't they have the German UA? Converting barbs for a super ultra barb army, not killing them for money.

Civ Name: Airplane!
UA: Trade Caravans, aka moar oil plz
UU: B17
UU: Zero
Personality: Airplane!

Top Bottom