1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cybernetic Consciousness Cityset

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Lord Tirian, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

(sorry for the long title)

Another cityset modelled after the SMAC/SMAX factions, this time the Cybernetic Consciousness. This time, I've included a couple of buildings matching the cityset's style, so you can have your palace in Cyborg style as well! ;)

Spoiler Click for Screenshot :

More screenshots of set and the download are here!

Made for the Planetfall mod.

Cheers, LT.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I think i already said that it looks incredbile, but one more time also doesn't really hurt -> :goodjob:.

3. Lord Tirian

...could it find a place in "Mars, Now!"? I think this one is actually the most futuristic cityset I've produced so far, so I'm hoping it could find its way into another Sci-Fi mod! If you want/need a colour change from the rather bold turquoise, I could do that quickly! ;)

Cheers, LT.

4. The_J

I don't really do anything at the moment, no time :(.
    But it would fit very well to my androids (yeah, name fits :D), i'll add it, when i'll do some work again :).

5. kamex

kamex Emperor

Wonderful! Your so talented. Would love to try and add it to a mod of mine with your permission!

6. Lord Tirian

Sure, that's why I'm putting stuff out here - so other people can use it! No need to ask! :D (though if you'd credit me, I'd be very grateful)

Cheers, LT.

7. crossclayton

crossclayton Warlord

hi, great job!

I had an idea, you know how at the start of a game, different civ's have different looking cities, e.g. china's cities look like Asian cities, but once you get to the industrial period, all of the civ's cities start to look the same (modern buildings) Well I was thinking that when you reach the future era, the civ's could gain there own unique cities again. E.g. Asian civ's cities could have your drone style, mid east could have your data angel style, Mediterranean could have the believers style and your western civ's could use your cyber thingamajig style.

How hard would it be to get this to happen??

8. Lord Tirian

Not very hard once you figure out how to do it - then it's pretty much a cut and paste job.

If you want to see how the relevant files work, take a look at GeoModder's Cultural Citysets. IIRC, the cities in the set also remain different in the industrial+ era, so you could really take his mod and then swap out some of buildings to your taste. :)

Cheers, LT.

9. The_J

I forgot:

Done. Looks great :).