Cybrxkhan's Diplomacy Music Thread!

You should maybe remove these files (if you consider the term "piracy")...

Realy?:eek: I guess, "this is ART" and by the way free promotion for the film. Some companies pay a lot of money for product placement in Social Communitys like facebook. I did it for low. If anyone would pay me, Hollywood get the coins, i promise.:mischief:

But if this forum gets trouble, i remove it immediately and extend my help with the Hollywood lawyers.

P.S.
Sorry cybrxkhan for spamming your thread.

No problem... I'm kind of lost on what is going on, so whatever.

Realy?:eek: I guess, "this is ART" and by the way free promotion for the film.

I haven't heard in the soundfiles, so i don't know, how much you've used.
If the files are only snippets, that would fall under the "fair use" of the american right. The music labels and film studios mostly have their headquarter in america, so it shouldn't be a problem for that.
Can't say anything about the german right, but i don't think, we have something like that (but that doesn't matter, this is an american website).

But in generall, the music labels and hollywood studios are not very happy about things like that.

I kinda have a request. The Polynesian music is pretty, well weak. It just doesn't seem right to me. It doesn't have a nice flow to it, it's three distinctly different songs (which is fine, but it is quite clear) and it just seems somehow "off" to me. Do you have or could you find anything else?

Another pack of music is up, just for Asian civs/leaders.

Download Asia II Diplomacy Music Here!

Tracks included:

• Ainu (Ancient Japan, Tribal Japan, Jimmu, Yamato, Ainu, Jingu, Shotoku, etc.)
  • Ancient Asia (Ancient China, Ancient Japan, Ancient Korea, etc.)
  • Ancient Asia 2 (Ancient China, Ancient Japan, Ancient Korea, etc.)
  • Jimmu (Ancient Japan, Tribal Japan, Jimmu, Yamato, Ainu, Jingu, Shotoku, etc.)
  • Kublai (Generic Middle-Late Period Chinese leader)
  • Meiji (Modern Japan, Meiji, Hirohito, etc.)
  • Mithradates (Generic steppe nomad)
  • Sejong (Korea, Sejong, Gwanggaeto, etc.)
  • Song (Tibet, Songsten Gampo, Dalai Lama(s), Bhutan, Nepal, etc.)
  • Taizong (Imperial China, Han, Sui-Tang, Song, Ming, Qing, Taizong, Qianlong, Kangxi, Wudi, Yongle, etc.)
  • Three Kingdom (Ancient/Medieval Imperial China, Han, Qin, Three Kingdoms, etc.)

I kinda have a request. The Polynesian music is pretty, well weak. It just doesn't seem right to me. It doesn't have a nice flow to it, it's three distinctly different songs (which is fine, but it is quite clear) and it just seems somehow "off" to me. Do you have or could you find anything else?

I actually think the Polynesian tracks, though different and distinct, yes, were similar enough that they could work. I think they work pretty well together. The only qualm I have about it is that "Hawaiian" music as we know it probably didn't exist in Kamehameha's time (the ukelele wasn't introduced until a little later), but I don't really care anyhow - it's Hawaiian! :lol:

Regardless, since you have made a request, I am more than happy to oblige. I have one more track up my sleeve that could work for you. However, if you have any more leaders you definitely want right now or in the far future, please feel free to tell me now, as always.

I guess I'll just release a "Tribal" pack next that includes the new Polynesian music (no offense or rascism or that kind of stuff intended, of course, just couldn't find a better name :mischief:).

Will Smoke Jaguar be in the next one?

It hasn't come up in this thread yet, but for those who are interested, I have added a link in the first post to a tutorial that will help you put the diplomusic into your mod.

Anyhow, I'll be uploading some more diplomusic hopefully tomorrow.

Just gotta say, I like all the music you're posting. It's just too bad I'm stupid and don't know how to add new civs, leaders, etc etc. It's all so confusing to me. XP

My tenth diplomusic pack is up. It includes diplomusic for various native civs/leaders mainly from the Americas and Africa.

NOTE: THIS ONE IS HUGE, AND HUGE AS IN TWICE AS MUCH MB OF DIPLOMUSIC THAN USUAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.:nuke:

DOWNLOAD HERE!

A full list of the tracks included (see? I told you it's huge):

• Afonso (Generic drums, Generic African, Kongo, Zulu, etc.)
  • Barbarian (Generic European Barbarian, Germanic, Celtic, Alaric, Vercingetorix, etc.)
  • Carib (Carribean, Carib, Arawak, Taino, etc.)*
  • Cetshwayo (Zulu, Cetshwayo, Generic South African / Bantu African)**
  • Drummy (Generic Native American)
  • Drummy2 (Generic Native American)
  • Drummy3 (European drums… ???)
  • Eskimo (Eskimo, what else? Maybe Inuit or Siberian???)
  • Geronimo (More modern (but not too modern) Native American, Geronimo, Crazy Horse, Chief Joseph, etc.)
  • Kamehameha (Hawaii, Kamehameha, etc.)
  • Kamehameha2 (Polynesia, Hawaii, Kamehameha, Tonga, Samoa, Salasimiasa, etc.)**
  • Kamehameha3 (Polynesia, Hawaii, Maori, Kamehameha, Tonga, Samoa, Salasimaisa, etc.)**
  • Lenana (Generic East African, Generic South African, Maasai, Zulu, etc.)*
  • Mbatian (Generic Bantu, Generic East African, Generic South African, Maasai, Zulu, etc.)*
  • Montezuma (Late era music for Montezuma, and nothing else!!!)**
  • NA (Generic Native American (from Civ3))
  • Native American 1 (Generic Native American)
  • Native American 2 (Generic Native American)
  • Native American 3 (Generic Native American)
  • Olmec (Generic MesoAmerican, Aztec, Mayan, Olmec, Smoke Jaguar, Itzcoatl, etc.)
  • Pacal (Generic MesoAmerican, Mayan, Smoke Jaguar, Hunac Ceel, etc.)
  • Shaka (Generic African drums)*
  • Tashunk (Generic Native American)
  • Tatanka (Generic Native American)
  • Tri_War (Generic drumming for any ‘native’ civilization)
  • Tupi (Generic Ameridinian (i.e. North, Central, South American, you name it))
  • Yagan (Australian Aborigines)

*Thanks to either the original CivGold (version 1), or the awesome SevoMod for these tracks
**Credits to Phungus and the Wolfshanze Mod for providing some or all of the tracks

Well, there's your new Polynesian music. The old one is "Kamehameha", while the new ones are "Kamehameha2" and "Kamehameha3". Personally I'm starting to like Kamehameha2 the most (although I still like the original one too). Kamehameha3 is good, but I personally would prefer the other two over it.

Hope that works! And tell me if it doesn't. :goodjob:

Will Smoke Jaguar be in the next one?

There isn't any diplomusic explicitly labeled "Smoke Jaguar", but there are some tracks that could work for the Mayans. They are "Pacal", "Olmec", and "Tupi". See which ones you like, and see which combinations of them you think will work best for you.

Hope that works! :goodjob:

Just gotta say, I like all the music you're posting. It's just too bad I'm stupid and don't know how to add new civs, leaders, etc etc. It's all so confusing to me. XP

Thanks! If you put your heart to it, maybe you can do xml stuff... At the least, it's easier than python... or SDK... :mwaha:

-----

Alright, I'll probably go to the Middle East after this one... After that, I'm not sure what to do. If there's any requests, as always, anybody, feel free to make them!

If either of those new Kamehameha tracks work or don't work for you, let me know! :D

I'm sure one will, there was nothing particularly bad about the old music I was using, it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the music in my mod. I also wanted to change my Iroquois music too because it had people singing in it and I'm trying to avoid that. I think the Celts have people singing in their music, and I kind of don't like that for some reason.

If I put my heart to it, I can do it! 8D Lol. Point me in a general direction of where to go for basic xml? xP

If I put my heart to it, I can do it! 8D Lol. Point me in a general direction of where to go for basic xml? xP

It's actually extremely easy to do. I think its in XML/Sounds or XML/Audio (I don't know offhand) and the XML is relatively straightforward. 2D sounds refer to the Diplomacy music (I think) and 3D sounds refer to the unit order/select sounds.

i have a question: i effective edit the AudioDefines, Audio2DScripts and the Civ4Leaderheadinfos.xml for nearly 20 LH, they are fine. But for some other LH the new sounds did not work. I can´t figure out what is the differnt to my successfuly Sound-edits.

here is a sample:
Spoiler :

in the Civ4Leaderheadinfos.xml:
<DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace>
<DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<EraType>ERA_ANCIENT</EraType>
<DiploScriptId>AS2D_DIPLO_WANGKON_EARLY</DiploScriptId>
</DiploMusicPeaceEra>
</DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace>

<DiplomacyMusicPeace>
<DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<EraType>ERA_ANCIENT</EraType>
<DiploScriptId>AS2D_DIPLO_WANGKON_EARLY</DiploScriptId>
</DiploMusicPeaceEra>
</DiplomacyMusicPeace>

-----------------------------------------------------------
in the Audio2DScripts.xml:
<Script2DSound>
<ScriptID>AS2D_DIPLO_WANGKON_EARLY</ScriptID><!-- Helena3-->
<SoundID>DIPLO_WANGKON_EARLY</SoundID>
<SoundType>GAME_MUSIC</SoundType>
<iMinVolume>55</iMinVolume>
<iMaxVolume>55</iMaxVolume>
<iPitchChangeDown>0</iPitchChangeDown>
<iPitchChangeUp>0</iPitchChangeUp>
<iMinLeftPan>-1</iMinLeftPan>
<iMaxLeftPan>-1</iMaxLeftPan>
<iMinRightPan>-1</iMinRightPan>
<iMaxRightPan>-1</iMaxRightPan>
<bLooping>1</bLooping>
<iMinTimeDelay>0</iMinTimeDelay>
<iMaxTimeDelay>0</iMaxTimeDelay>
<bTaperForSoundtracks>0</bTaperForSoundtracks>
<iLengthOfSound>0</iLengthOfSound>
<fMinDryLevel>1.0</fMinDryLevel>
<fMaxDryLevel>1.0</fMaxDryLevel>
<fMinWetLevel>0.0</fMinWetLevel>
<fMaxWetLevel>0.0</fMaxWetLevel>
<iNotPlayPercent>0</iNotPlayPercent>
</Script2DSound>

---------------------------------------------------
in the AudioDefines.xml:
<SoundData>
<SoundID>DIPLO_WANGKON_EARLY</SoundID>
<Filename>Sounds/Diplomacy/Calabim</Filename>
<LoadType>STREAMED</LoadType>
<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
</SoundData>
--------------------------------------------------
The Sound-files are in place:...\Mods\Odyssey\Assets\Sounds\Diplomacy

And as i told 20 other LH-sounds did work.

Is somewhere a switch? Slowly but certainly i become crazy from CIV:crazyeye:

Obviously there can be a number of reasons why your music isn't loading.

Here's some of the more common ones I can think of:

1. The music files are not the right format. Diplomacy music has to be in mp3 format, or else the game won't read them.

2. The music files aren't there, or you put them in the wrong folder, or you pointed to the wrong folder in the xml. Seems liked you already checked for this, but it wouldn't be bad to check again.

3. Turn the sound up. Some of the music may be too soft; this is probably not the case with you, though, since most of the diplomusic seems to work fine.

4. Intro/Non-Intro music. The "intro" part of the music is unnecessary, as a good number of leaders don't use it. Even if the "intro" part may not be the problem, I still highly suggest not having the "intro" part to diplomacy music, as it can get clunky and annoying.

5. Typos. This is probably the biggest source of error. It seems like you said that you already checked the xml files several times, but it doesn't hurt to try again. Typos are hard to find, after all, and sometimes it takes me a good nmber of times to spot them.

If all else fails, the best thing to do is just redo it.

Hope that helps,

cybrxkhan

Obviously there can be a number of reasons why your music isn't loading.

Here's some of the more common ones I can think of:

1. The music files are not the right format. Diplomacy music has to be in mp3 format, or else the game won't read them.

2. The music files aren't there, or you put them in the wrong folder, or you pointed to the wrong folder in the xml. Seems liked you already checked for this, but it wouldn't be bad to check again.

3. Turn the sound up. Some of the music may be too soft; this is probably not the case with you, though, since most of the diplomusic seems to work fine.

4. Intro/Non-Intro music. The "intro" part of the music is unnecessary, as a good number of leaders don't use it. Even if the "intro" part may not be the problem, I still highly suggest not having the "intro" part to diplomacy music, as it can get clunky and annoying.

5. Typos. This is probably the biggest source of error. It seems like you said that you already checked the xml files several times, but it doesn't hurt to try again. Typos are hard to find, after all, and sometimes it takes me a good nmber of times to spot them.

If all else fails, the best thing to do is just redo it.

Hope that helps,

cybrxkhan

Thanks for the quick answer. but i need a break befor i check it again
btw wave seems to work, i have one wavefile and civ loads it.

also i have the feeling i can´t name the tags for what i want. i guess, i repaired one LH-sound by giving him another ScriptID:confused:

Firaxis you are my doom!:mad: It were the names!:ar15:

They had to look this why AS2D_DIPLO_HELENA_EARLY, DIPLO_HELENA_EARLY:hatsoff: i hope i don´t get trobble in the ERA_MEDIEVAL??

Thanks cybrxkhan without you, i would have give up.

Top Bottom