1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cybrxkhan's Leaderhead Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by cybrxkhan, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Yes. He needs more jewelry, like necklaces, gold arm thingies, and that gold belt.

EDIT: But I suppose he works this way if you want a more aesthetically austere-looking LH.

2. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

you can take the necklace from Asoka and stringi t around him. It should be easy to add pointy things on his hat. for the goldstuff on the hat take it from justinian. Or hammurabi's arm bands

3. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Yeah, I was thinking of taking specifically Ashoka's necklace. I was also thinking Junstinian's hat, but I'll probably have to resize it.

As for the pointy hat, I already did that using sculpting, but the hat's too tall you can't see it.

4. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Let me guess... Nader Shah of Iran for Civ of the Week and Nader Shah of Persia for WoL :p

If you decide to create Iran for CotW, I could help with UU and City-List etc. I made something like that a while ago.

5. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Possibly. I might add an Iran civ to WoL, since you already have Rome vs. Italy and Greece vs. Byzantium and so forth, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

Awesome. I think we should discuss this in the Civ of the Week thread, so I can give that thread some more posts. ;)

6. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Alright, so again, I'm taking a side break from a LH. This time, I'm doing Matope of the Shona/Zimbabweans, although I intend to make him generic enough to use as any sub-Saharan African leader.

Here's what I have so far:

He's going to have a beard in the final version, by the way.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? The thing I'm most concerned about is whether he's too dark (it's my first time (I think) doing a sub-saharan African LH, so I was sort of not too sure about how to do the skin color).

Also, what do you guys think about these Backgrounds?

#1:
    Spoiler :

#2:
    Spoiler :

#3:
    Spoiler :

#4:
    Spoiler :

#5:
    Spoiler :

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

7. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

I like #3 the best. As far as skin goes, maybe it's a bit too dark, but it could just be the lighting.

8. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

#1 is my favourite. Looks like a nice LH!

9. veBear

I say #5

Quite nice timing though, as I'm thinking of creating that civ next (Mutapa Empire) ;)

10. veBear

BTW. I wonder if you could do me a small favour. Basically, I wonder if you could put Roosevelts suit on this LH. Nothing more needed really. Afterwards, if you could upload it here as an attachament, I can do the rest ;)

11. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Sure thing, can't say I'll know when I'll be able to finish it, but I'll do what I can. It shouldn't be too hard... I think.

12. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

I recommend using the clone brush and taking skin texture samples from Shaka to give a more africanized skin color. You also may want to cut out Shaka's nose and lips and join them to this mesh (or do sculpting). Changing the color of the skin of LHs that are not African and then trying to pass them off as african just doesn't seem right. I guess same applies for trying to pass off non-asian leaderheads as asians without adding distinctive features.

13. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Thanks for the tips, as always! :D I guess painting black over a LH would be like old-school blackface, which is kind of stupid.

I'll probably try scuplting the guy a bit more to give him more African-esque features, and maybe give him a different hairstyle (for some reason I'm thinking that an altered version of Boadicea's hair would work nicely, rather than the one I currently have, since I feel the current one is a bit too hodgepodge).

14. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Matope's up! His eyes are a little funny, but otherwise I think he's good to go. He can also easily serve as a generic African LH. Anyhow, he'll be a leader in the Zimbabwe civ me and veBear are currently working on, and he might also make an appearance in WoL.

Next up I'll probably return to Nader Shah, unless something else random comes up.

15. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Looks good, really like yours and vebears african theme going here

16. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Matope came out great!! One of your best LHs IMO :)
    Maybe the eye issue is a shader problem?

17. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

No, I think after I sculpted it the eyes don't work as finely with the animations, so his eyes pop out ever so slightly (it's barely noticeable), but I think it's ultimately a minor glitch that can be overlooked... for now.

As a side note, this is the first LH where I actually played around with the lighting. Before I fixed the lighting Matope was pretty dark in a weird way, but I managed to shed some light on him (no pun intended :lol:). So now I can play with light on my LHs. Not that it was that hard anyways.

18. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I really like this one, great work. I'll hopefully have some room to add him to HR soon :)

19. veBear

... I like him :goodjob:
    And you choosed the right BG too. After all, Great Zimbabwe was a steppe empire, so a steppe BG it should be.

Spoiler :

About that Nkomo dude. Instead of using that Black President, here's some LHs I found that can be used with some minor texture changes (I could do that)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13784
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12240
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11302
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10562
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8846
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7804
    That Hugo Chaves looks really like him, but unfortunately he's probably the best leader except Bolivar for a Granb Columbian civ, so I suggest we can use one of the others. What's your say on this?

20. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That's indeed a nice LH :).