Cybrxkhan's Leaderhead Thread

Thanks all for the kind comments!

@Huayna Capac: I figured out how to do his skin without simply painting dark brown over it - I just needed to use layering, apparently, so that way the skin's textures don't look messy, but I can still change the color around.

@veBear: Judging from it, I'd choose either Berlusconi or Bush. Well, Bush because it'd be funny.

Matope is great! 5 was indeed the better choice, and it looks amazing. :cool:

Guess I should also post my official retirement statement here, too, in case anybody missed it:

Spoiler :

Hi all,

I’m returning to CFC. Unfortunately, it’s not in the manner that I – or some of you – might wish.

Some of you might remember me. It’s been a while since I’ve been back on, and I don’t know if some of my old friends here are still back on, but if you guys are, hello again – and hello to any of the new modders and mod-lovers, as well – and sorry, so sorry, for not being on CFC for such a long time.

I’ll get straight to my point. This past year or so, I haven’t been doing anything much related to Civ4 modding – or Civ4 at all. Yes, unfortunately, I think it is time I officially retire from Civ4 modding. As other retired modders have said, when modding feels more like a chore rather than a hobby, there’s really no point of continuing it. Regrettably, this also means that I have a lot of unfinished material (such as WoL 0.70) that will never see the light of day, mostly because it’s in an unplayable state. I have to sincerely apologize to everyone who was patiently and eagerly looking forward to my work but never got anything after all my constant delays, postponing, and – now – ultimate retirement. If anybody wants to attempt continuing my old work, or wants to use some of my old work (or some of the unfinished material I have (for instance I have a few leaderheads lying around)), feel free to PM me and I’ll see if we can work out something. I might be convinced to finish up some of my smaller projects (i.e. diplomacy music but not CotW) if anybody really needs something.

It’s a bit sad to go now, when I haven’t done much in such a long time, but I suppose I might as well do it officially now rather than fade out. I’ve had quite a ton of fun these past few years, learning more about history and programming, making good friends on this board, learning a bit about myself. I don’t know if any of the older generations of modders, including my generation, are still active, but I sincerely hope that I (and others of my generation) have provided good influence on later generations, just as earlier generations of modders (such as Wyz_sub and Arma) provided on me. I want to therefore thank you all of the fellow modders I have worked with and received assistance from, including Wyz_sub, The Capo, Ekmek, Nitram15, veBear, Gaius Octavius, Ball Lightning, Dutchking, The J, and many others I can’t remember, and I also want to thank the countless others forum members who, although not modders, still provided just as much help, encouragement, and guidance. I hope that I was able to provide even a little bit of help, encouragement, and guidance in return.

It’s been really fun. I remember when I first joined five or six years ago, unsure of myself and of my abilities. I was still in high school back then, and I really owe it to the kindness of Wyz sub for taking me in and allowing me to help with the diplomacy music for CivGold. A lot has happened since then, and I’m now in college and the world (including my personal one) has changed much, for better or worse – but I’m certain civfanatics, even if I forget about it from time to time, was an important part of my life for many years, and that is meaningful and wonderful in and of itself.

Anyhow, enough with sentimentality. Once more, I offer my deepest apologies for being unable to finish the work I should have finished a long time ago. However, even though I’m retiring, I’ll still be around Civfanatics, if any of you folks need me, so feel free to chat/argue with me on some of the other forums or send me a PM to talk about the good old days.

See y’all around!

- cybrxkhan

P.S. Although I’m retiring from Civ4 modding, I haven’t retired from modding altogether per se. I might consider going into Civ5 modding if Gods and Kings proves to be entertaining enough (I haven’t bought it yet), and right now I’m dabbling a bit into playing around with CKII.

Here's a link to the three LHs Civciv5 is interested in (devapala, dharmasetu, and nader shah): http://www.mediafire.com/?whczaf69m16w9rx

If anybody else is interested in continuing work on my (extremely) unfinished LHs, just post here and I'll send you a link.

Top Bottom