1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyrus the Warmonger

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Mad Professor, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Deity

I've just finished a Monarch game as Liz. I won in 1930 with space race.

For the first time ever, I was in the game with Cyrus bent on destruction. Normally, I find Cyrus to be quite peaceful. In this game too, I was good friends with him, but I was surprised at his warmongering.

Capac had declared war on me early and I fended him off, and took a couple of cities from him before offering peace. Cyrus didn't come into this, but a short time later, I noticed an enourmous death stack of Cyrus on Capac's border. Sure enough, he attacked a few turns later, burning down every city he came accross. I declared on Capac and snapped up Cuzco from amid Cyrus' devastation. In the end he kept two Incan cities, but burned the rest, not stopping until the Incan civilisation was dead.

Later in the game - in the middle ages - again the death stack rolled out of Persia, this time attacking Ceasar who was being quite a peaceful builder. This time he stopped short of wiping Caesar out, leaving Rome, and one other city on the other side of my empire from Cyrus, but this time he did not burning, keeping all cities he captured.

I was amazed to see Cyrus playing llike this this. The first time I've seen it.

2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

Cyrus went on a tear in one of my games. Wish I'd paid closer attention to the circumstances now.

What I did take away from it is that the only consistently peaceable civ is the one who's last on the Power graph.

3. Soneji

Soneji Prince and Great Steward

I like playing Cyrus, expansion is key.

4. moggydave

moggydave Warlord

It's odd because in Civ3 the Persians really were quite a warmongering civ and quite awesome at it too.

5. kristopherb

kristopherb Protective/Charismatic

6. naterator

naterator Bravely running away

that is a pretty bad story, and not just the spelling, or the fact that it's not really a story. i mean, the game's pretty heavily modded, as others have pointed out. a grassland town gives 2/5/7? sounds like a pretty easy mod to dominate, if you ask me. does the AI prioritize cottages more to compensate? regardless, it has nothing to do with this thread and as far as self promotion goes, it's pretty weak.