1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Czech Nation for Civ IV

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by BORNAparte, Nov 26, 2005.

1. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

Leaders:
    Charles IV. (Czech king /1346 – 1378/, Holy Roman Emperor); Philosophical, Creative; favourite Civic - Hereditary Rule;
    Tomas Garrigue Masaryk (the first president of independent Czechoslovakia /1918-1935/); Financial, Industrious; favourite Civic - Free Religion;
    Starting Technologies:
    Mining
    Agriculture
    Unique Unit:
    Hussite (replaces Maceman, same as Maceman, but: don't requires any resources /Maceman requires Iron or Copper/, + defense bonus versus Knight 15% )

Capital:
    Prague (Praha)
    Cities:
    Brno
    Ostrava
    Plzen
    Olomouc
    Liberec
    Hradec Kralove
    Ceske Budejovice
    Usti nad Labem
    Pardubice
    Havirov
    Zlin
    Kladno
    Most
    Karvina
    Frydek-Mistek
    Opava
    (63 cities)

Versions of this mod:

new! 1.10.61 - DOWNLOAD
    - same as version 1.10.52, but made for game version 1.61, fully compatible only with game version 1.61

new! 1.10.52 - DOWNLOAD
    - fully functional (hopefully), new graphics, better balanced UU, made for game version 1.52, compatible with game versions 1.00, 1.09, 1.52, better support of other languages

1.00 - DOWNLOAD + texture of Hussite (image)
    - early version, old bug graphics, some bugs, over strong UU, made for game version 1.00, compatible with game versions 1.00, 1.09, 1.52

Screenshots

2. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

Borna, use http://www.filegone.com for uploads. You can upload files up to 10Mb, more than enough for your mod.

Its easier to manage when its one file and you just need to unzip it into the mods folder.

3. Jecrell

Jecrell Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5

4. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

Cool, I thought 500kb was the forum limit.

5. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

6. Jurassic

Jurassic Chieftain

It certainly looks great, I'm pretty sure which nation I'll choose next time I play Civ4. Keep up the good work!

7. warmwaffles

warmwaffles Programmer

of course you did you n00b...lol

There is a section at the very bottom of your screen that says "Forum Upload" you upload your unit files there, scenarios...but if you want to upload your mod that is bigger than 5MB you have to talk to Thunderfall so he can set you up with a different upload section.

overall you'll learn this as you come here more often.

The leader head is allright...not the best but ya....If you want to make good leader heads your gonna need to know how to use 3DS Max...

8. Sadistik

Sadistik Warlord

Bah! How can you have the Czechs without OTTOKAR?

He conquered Austria and establised a CZECH PORT on the ADRIATIC!

9. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

You mean Otakar II. ? It's good idea, maybe I'll add him (as strong military leader mainly). He was one of the best czech kings.
    I think about addition John Zizka of Trocnov - he wasn't czech ruler but Hussite leader, one of the best army-leaders of the World, he was never beaten.

10. Sadistik

Sadistik Warlord

Yeah. Ottokar I was inconsequencial in comparison. I was referring to the second.

11. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

Czechs call him "king iron and golden". He was the mightiest man of that time maybe.

12. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

Can someone do new textures of Czech unique unit Hussite please? I've no time now and it will be better if Hussite have his own graphic (now he use textures of Maceman).

13. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

Ahoj
    Dobrá práce:goodjob:
    Good work :goodjob:

14. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

I must clap my hands...its looks very good. When I will have Civ IV I will try it. I made it for Civ III. After this year maturity exam I will look to make some scenarios, now I am busy but its great that someone other public it for Civ IV.:)

15. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

Thanks. I work on civilopedia entries and Hussite graphic now - it'll be in the next version. If you want to help with something, you can.
    REDY: I've got your Cz nation for Civ III and there is only one mistake - it's very difficult to download it.

16. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Those are seriously good Leaderhead graphics. Are they static? did you do them yourself? Which programs?

17. BORNAparte

BORNAparte Chieftain

They're static and because my art of PC graphic isn't quite good, they are photos from one czech Wax Museum.

18. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Yeah, filefront is sometimes pretty slow and file is huge because 3d animated leaderhead...I already said that I havent Civ IV so help may be difficult where I cant see result of my changes and dont know nothing about Civ4 customization structure, so I must decline your generous offer:( Appetite for it is great, but my graduation is first...I see that you are good maker even you are orientated in resources, so I havent concern for this work. :)

19. jenadne

jenadne Chieftain

diky ti moc

20. Rshu

Rshu Chieftain

Ah, the Hussites. My favorite Protestant rebels. I think that they should get 50% defense from infantry because they hid in wagons while bombarding their enemies with crossbows, muskets, and cannons. I have a few pictures of the shield if anybody needs them. http://www.allempires.com/articles/hussite/infantry.jpg and http://www.allempires.com/articles/hussite/wagon_c.jpg