Czechoslovakia, etc.

REDY

Duty Caller
Hello I have played this beautiful mod, there are some suggestions:

1)Czechoslovakia (europe 36)
Well I know that I will be suspected since I am from Prague, but Czechoslovakia deserves more space. Industrialised Czechoslovakia wasnt that weak, 1,3M well equipped army, natural boarders from mountains and one of best fortification system were making from Czechoslovakia one of the key players in pre-munich plans in possible German attack. Manstein, one of fathers of blitzkrieg tactics and majority of generals were discouraging Hitler from possible war. German command calculated that it would be 3 months of fights(without Polish and Hungarian participation) There would be needed at least 40 German divisions in theory.
When I see map, I would give them 3 cities with national tiles around them One Bohemian, one Moravian and one Slovak. Fortification units should be in Sudetenland (around Prague, north of Moravia) After Munich Czech cities should go to Germany and Slovak should go to Hungary, what would give also more gameplay for Hungary. Historically, new state Slovakia lost many areas to Hungary. In event should be gained some new units, since it were light tanks (LT-35, LT-38, in german army Panzer 35(t), Panzer 38(t)) from Czechoslovakia which succesfuly participated in Poland, Lowlands and France, againist USSR there were outclassed by T-34s. I think that during historical game should be more these events(Rhineland, Ancschluss) gaining more units, German army 38 and 39 were much different.
Technically, Munich was in september 1938(losing sudetenland) but occupation was in march 1939.
2)Spanish civil war - in my game there was problem that side (most Nationalists) totally lost, but opponent wasnt able take last city because it was Mallorca or Ceuta.
3)The same problem is sometimes with Albania. I dont know if attacker lack transports or he isnt interested.
4)One strange thing is handling with democratic/fascist/communist/neutral religion. Majority of "democratic" countries would stay neutral if they could and werent democratic. In global 1936 there is even Prague fascist and Budapest democratic.
5)Its interesting that between diplomatic minuses I had as France "Our close borders spark tensions", with USA and Finland (No I havent invaded Sweden and Canada)

1. your bringing up a lot of good points w/ the studenland but lets not forget other extensive fortifications not included the atlantic wall for instance.
4. i completely agree w/ you on that front. many countries were more Conservative Authrotarian, than demacratic. the whole world didnt flat out hate facism and communsim (though they disliked them) and agree w/ democratic nations.
many countries should be neutral rather than democratic or in some cases facist.
South America, Central America, Brazil(i think) Albania, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, Arabia, Persia, should all be neutral or if it would be made somthing similar to conservative authortarian. If a conserve auth. was made japan should also be placed under this goverment.

Hello I have played this beautiful mod, there are some suggestions:

1)Czechoslovakia (europe 36)
Well I know that I will be suspected since I am from Prague, but Czechoslovakia deserves more space. Industrialised Czechoslovakia wasnt that weak, 1,3M well equipped army, natural boarders from mountains and one of best fortification system were making from Czechoslovakia one of the key players in pre-munich plans in possible German attack. Manstein, one of fathers of blitzkrieg tactics and majority of generals were discouraging Hitler from possible war. German command calculated that it would be 3 months of fights(without Polish and Hungarian participation) There would be needed at least 40 German divisions in theory.
When I see map, I would give them 3 cities with national tiles around them One Bohemian, one Moravian and one Slovak. Fortification units should be in Sudetenland (around Prague, north of Moravia) After Munich Czech cities should go to Germany and Slovak should go to Hungary, what would give also more gameplay for Hungary. Historically, new state Slovakia lost many areas to Hungary. In event should be gained some new units, since it were light tanks (LT-35, LT-38, in german army Panzer 35(t), Panzer 38(t)) from Czechoslovakia which succesfuly participated in Poland, Lowlands and France, againist USSR there were outclassed by T-34s. I think that during historical game should be more these events(Rhineland, Ancschluss) gaining more units, German army 38 and 39 were much different.
Technically, Munich was in september 1938(losing sudetenland) but occupation was in march 1939.
2)Spanish civil war - in my game there was problem that side (most Nationalists) totally lost, but opponent wasnt able take last city because it was Mallorca or Ceuta.
3)The same problem is sometimes with Albania. I dont know if attacker lack transports or he isnt interested.
4)One strange thing is handling with democratic/fascist/communist/neutral religion. Majority of "democratic" countries would stay neutral if they could and werent democratic. In global 1936 there is even Prague fascist and Budapest democratic.
5)Its interesting that between diplomatic minuses I had as France "Our close borders spark tensions", with USA and Finland (No I havent invaded Sweden and Canada)

That's all because of space limitations in Standard Europe and Global. In the Huge Europe map, Czechoslovakia has 4 cities, one of which (Prague) is high quality. Also, the Sudentenland is easily defendable. Now if only Dale would help me with my no-war problem...

2)Spanish civil war - in my game there was problem that side (most Nationalists) totally lost, but opponent wasn't able take last city because it was Mallorca or Ceuta.
One important thing is that this mod isn't for a robot mimic of history, it would have been much more boring if it was like that.

Try more play instead of only one before taking any conclusion.

That said in this case you perhaps have get a rare series of event ending in a special problem you point. The side unplanned to win, in fact win and that's good, but got a problem to conclude. Can you post a savegame? I'll be curious to experiment a little around it.

Can someone explain me why I never saw that Albania event? I played few Global Assault at least up to 39 war and never saw any Albania stuff.

1. your bringing up a lot of good points w/ the studenland but lets not forget other extensive fortifications not included the atlantic wall for instance.
4. i completely agree w/ you on that front. many countries were more Conservative Authrotarian, than demacratic. the whole world didnt flat out hate facism and communsim (though they disliked them) and agree w/ democratic nations.
many countries should be neutral rather than democratic or in some cases facist.
South America, Central America, Brazil(i think) Albania, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, Arabia, Persia, should all be neutral or if it would be made something similar to conservative authortarian. If a conserve auth. was made japan should also be placed under this goverment.
I agree, dont forget Baltic states which democracies were developed to fascist and Polish democracy was also very problematic. I am also no sure about Brazil...Romania should be in 1936 somewhat counted as democracy on Polish level but with continuing moving to authoritarian.

That's all because of space limitations in Standard Europe and Global. In the Huge Europe map, Czechoslovakia has 4 cities, one of which (Prague) is high quality. Also, the Sudentenland is easily defendable. Now if only Dale would help me with my no-war problem...
I see there space, of course there would be needed change other cities and possibly terrain. In fact, I think that map has some others problems (lack of Kiel, Alps linked with Carpathia) strange places of cities in central europe, fruitful land in Northern europe and others not reflecting reality. Of course for gameplay I should understand boosting Germany and Poland and lowering Czechoslovakia, but that should be prevented by events.
I look forward to seeing your map, I have seen some screenshots and it looks good.

One important thing is that this mod isn't for a robot mimic of history, it would have been much more boring if it was like that.
Try more play instead of only one before taking any conclusion.
Of course, I have not problem with republican wins, but more about inability conquer Mallorca and Ceuta when I see no units there. I have not save, I have played it 3 times to about 1941.

Can someone explain me why I never saw that Albania event? I played few Global Assault at least up to 39 war and never saw any Albania stuff.
Well in europe 1936 I got Albania event perfectly, its event when Italy declares war Albania.

Uhh... That would be because Albania does not exist in the Global Assault map. Italy starts the game controlling it.

There should be an event that triggers whenever one of the two spains finishes capturing all of the Iberian pinensula, which will destroy the other Spain by giving the winner all the colonies.

Top Bottom