Map: random
Size: huge
Climate: Temperate
Era: Ancient
Speed: Epic
Difficulty level: Monarch
Players: 6-8 maybe throw in a few AI to vote-able

Rules of Engagement:
Serious players only, game should take a year or more to complete . So take that into consideration before signing up. I understand deep into game it may take you some time to complete your move but please let the other players know in such a case. Otherwise players must report to this thread that they have send the game forward, so other players, including myself can track the whereabouts of the game. Players will not be aloud to email each other about the game until they have met in the game. Screenshots will be permitted at this time. I request that you open a new Gmail account for this game, this is only a request. Considering the amount of email that is generate in one of these games I think it is wise. And its free. Again this is only a request. You don't have to

This is needed from you, when signing up.
1. Choose you CIV (First gets the civ he/she wants)
2. Write your GMT (so I can place a good Turn Order)
3. Send your Email, in Private to me (to arrange Turn Orders, your email will only be sent to the player before you, so he can send his/her turn to your, and you will receive an email to the player in your next turn.

I will be be playing the Native Americans

Starting Options:
barbs on/ barbs off ?

tech trading will be allowed. tech brokering will be vote-able

Victory:
Conquest
Domination
Cultural
Diplomatic

any requests?

email me at chief.richie.rich.vi@gmail.com

players so far

1. DEZTRO- NATIVE AMERICANS- europe. gmt +1
2. Tar-Mithanga(Hannibal)-CARTHAGE- costa rica GMT-6
3. Przemax(Mehman)-OTTOMAN- poland- gmt+1
4. Hawklord- (?)-?- london, england- gmt-0
5. Hercules90- (Elizabeth) -ENGLISH -england-gmt-1
5.R1 ParadigmShifter- (Elizabeth) -ENGLISH -england-gmt-1
6. onemoreturnmike(Julius Ceasar)-ROMAN-charlotte,nc-gmt-4
7. AI
8. D!CK_VII(chief.richie.rich.vi)(Ghandi)-INDIA- europe- gmt-5

vote results
barbs yyyynnn y-4 n-3 =y
tech nnnyyyn y-3 n-4 =n
ai nnnynnn y-1 n-6 =n
diff ppmmmpp m-3 p-4 =P

I am interested.

Elizabeth

GMT -1 ? British Summer time.

Tech trading yes, tech brokering no.

Re advanced start: I 'll go with majority.

Epic speed will take forever.

I'm not keen on advanced starts either we had problems with some players not getting the correct number of points in Scienidez's Oasis game.

Good luck though.

This will be my first PBEM so bear with me.

Tokugawa

GMT -4, Florida

Tech Trading and Tech Brokering on.

Advanced Start: I would prefer not to use it but if so as few points as possible.

This game might take a decade but I don't want to go to Normal speed.

This will be my first PBEM so bear with me.

Tokugawa

GMT -4, Florida

Tech Trading and Tech Brokering on.

Advanced Start: I would prefer not to use it but if so as few points as possible.

This game might take a decade but I don't want to go to Normal speed.

I know you may be joking about a decade but your suggested changes need a bit of explanation.

I know you may be joking about a decade but your suggested changes need a bit of explanation.

I was joking. :) ParadigmShifter said that Epic would take forever and I kinda agreed but I'm cool with it because I hate Normal speed. I usually play Marathon but that just isn't possible for PBEM, at least I don't think it is.

What do you mean about my suggested changes need explanation?

huge map
slow speed

it will take a long time

I'll go with whatever you all decide.

there will be a lot of click save on the early game

what's the advanced start do, not used that before

gmt 0

India

It was the issue about advanced start number of points?

From OP:
Advanced Start (600-2000 pts) [pt amount will be vote-able] its will be a high or lo vote Hi= 2000 lo= 600.

I was suggesting that we go for a low number of points because I don't really like advanced start (I never use it for single player so I don't really know how best to use it, cities vs. techs vs. workers vs. anything else). I guess that would be 600 on the OP's scale. It isn't a huge deal tho.

D!ck do you want to sub in my game (Paradigm PBEM) which has stalled? It's normal speed though. PM me if you do.

ah jeffah3539 jacksonville, Fla thats my home town. how crazy is that. from southside, old arlington, sandalwood, fort caroline, the beaches my old stomping grounds

Wow that is crazy. I actually grew up in Clay county but now I live on Baymeadows.

I think we should wait for at least a few more people. Otherwise the game will just turn into a question of who can slaughter the most AI's the quickest and get a huge lead on everyone else. If we are going to play a really long game I would prefer we stay as equal as possible for awhile. That's why I think tech brokering should be on, when it is off it allows the tech leader to trade techs for gold which helps extend his tech lead but no one else can trade techs. There's a reason it isn't allowed in HOF.

as i understand it it in tech trading you must have researched the tech in order to trade it. in tech brokering you can trade any tech you acquire.

I think it is the opposite. Tech trading allows techs to be traded freely and No Tech Brokering means you can't trade a tech unless you researched it yourself. If you do No Tech Brokering it means only the tech leader will be able to trade techs which gives him a huge advantage.

and as i reread the custom game setup i see i was wrong in saying you were correct. i was originally correct. tech trading is just the ability to trade tech you have researched. while tech brokering give you the ability to trade tech that you have not researched.

Top Bottom