1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

~ D o m i n E a r t h i o n ~

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tigranes, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

gps China notes the gradual build up of US military forces in the area of North Korea. But assumes it is all part of a western powers war game manoeuvre. N Korea might not have a big nuclear button but it has friends who have..So lets all unwind.

2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I think we need to have a formal vote on this.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

My vote is that the situation is unique enough that we should resolve it via "ingame" UN mandate to assign a new "original" owner to any given former Arab city.

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

UN votes take 18 turns, which mean 1 year of real time with current pace. When the civ dies it is very logical to apply -- next of kin principle. In liu of original owner -- the very next owner is the new original owner. And things can be returned to him by the 3rd and/or current owner.

5. Imp. Knoedel

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear: I am not actually talking about ingame UN resolutions, but out of game (as in this thread) negotiations between the players, all representing their respective civs.

I do not think sneaky backstabbing opportunists should be rewarded like this, they already got the spoils of war, now you want everyone to pretend that these spoils rightfully were theirs all along?

The American people will not stand for this injustice! Why, we would be filled with fire and fury like the world has not seen before!

6. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

I really cannot support your argument. If you cannot abide the ruling of the game's originator then leave. But I guess you are just venting of satirical steam.

7. Imp. Knoedel

Ruling? What ruling? Right now we are supposed to be having a democratic discourse, not that you would know anything about that, you dirty commie! :p

8. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I'm back from vaca ... and I have 6 or 7 games to play. I will work through them by Wed.

9. Imp. Knoedel

Does this only mean between the belligerents or does it also include third parties? Let's say civ A is at war with civ B, during which civ A captures cities 5 and 6 of civ B. During the peace negotiation, can civ A hand city 5 over to civ C and/or demand that civ B hands over city 7 to civ C? Is it different or the same if civ A and C are the same or different players/teams?

Just some purely hypothetical theoretical legalese considerations the world's policeman, who is most certainly not currently conducting some backdoor politics in secret, is thinking about as a thought experiment. :mischief:

Also, could we perhaps amend the rules to also include threats of war? Is gunboat diplomacy really so unrealistic, especially when all I demand hypothetical civ A demands of China hypothetical civ B is giving up cities they only recently conquered? Do I Does civ A have to declare war on them?

10. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

11. Imp. Knoedel

Soooooo... who do I send my turn to?

12. Mîtiu Ioan

Mîtiu Ioan Chieftain

Sounds like a cool game ! :)

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  13. Imp. Knoedel

So you would like to take over the European team, Mitiu?

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

He emailed me with yes. Now the hard part comes -- get the mod running on his machine and explain him all the 7 house rules on top of the mod rules. :crazyeye:

Welcome aboard! :grouphug:I have updated opening post with the install instructions and links to download.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  15. Imp. Knoedel

So Tigranes, should I send the savegame to you so you can adminhack and forward it to Mitiu?

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

No need for hack, send it to him directly, kiwitt posted his password online. I will advise our Romanian friend. I guess you need his password. But first he needs to install the mod and make it open your file.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  17. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

Any further update. Did Mitui get the Mod installed?

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I just emailed him again today. Very frustrating actually, I just need yes or no.

19. Mîtiu Ioan

Mîtiu Ioan Chieftain

I have the mod installed - where is the save ???

20. Hercules90

Hercules90 Chieftain

Good to hear that you are taking over Europe/Canada empire. I think the save is still with Imp K as he awaited news of your success at downloading and installing the mod. So if he has your email address that should be reasonably soon.
    For background email or ask in game I would suggest.