1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dacubz145 Buildings Art

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by dacubz145, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Now working on the Empire State Building and scaling is not working on that one. Odd, it has worked on others. I wonder if the .nif file is bad?

2. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I was curious about "google warehouse" and found two I have been looking for but have no idea what to do with them. Can you look it them?

3. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

What models are you looking at? I have a new computer and don't have any of the programs I need to convert that art, but I could at least give you a litle bit of advice - plus 85% of Google warehous models are unconvertable/really difficult to convert, so I could at least let you know if what you are looking at is one of them

4. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Thanks in advance. You do great work and I suspect it is very time/talent consuming. I'll try to attach them.

Attached Files:

• Skp.rar
      File size:
      7.5 MB
      Views:
  5. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Like i said, I don't have many programs, including sketchup on my computer.

could you send me the url to the links on google warehouse? Converting models from Warehouse to Civ 4 is not very complicated, its just about converting the file type. I could most likely walk you simply through that, the complication is usually with the textures.

6. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Which program is used for this conversion? Maybe it is useful for me to learn, but if it is Blender, I failed twice to use this. I don't know why.

7. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

The one that is suppose to work is Sketchup. It is on the same site for download. I am not sure if there are others. I just got the viewer but there should be a working program.

https://www.sketchup.com/

8. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

9. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

@DocEcho
    I'm aware of sketchup, I just dont have it on my computer. You downlaoded those files from google warehouse correct? Can you just send me the url where you got those?

@Kathy It isn't overly complicated, where did you get stuck? If you would like I could help walk you through it. there are still several things I would like to see converted, but I just don't have the prorams any more and aren't planning on getting them right now

10. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

11. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I do not remember exactly the problems, as it was some years ago.
    In once installed Blender and then tried to follow a tutorial from the forum here, but I could not choose the file format "Gamebryo / .nif", it wasn't shown where it should be due to the tutorial.
    After this I did not try again and continued working with the stuff other modders did. But now there are too few model makers left. It's a pity.

12. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

@DocEcho The first two are certainly possible, not the easiest but wouldnt be too tricky. The last one would be beyond my expertise for the most part. Basically to convert from Google Warehouse, you need simple 3D Figures. Think "as close to a box as possible". The less facings the better. Every "face" needs to be attached to part of the texture. If you look at that design, the arches, windows, doorways etc. all have dozens of facings each. Complicated buildings like these would be 100 times easier from scratch

@Kathy It truly is a shame, I would like to get back to it at some point, just sadly that point isn't now.

Essentially though you werent able to export .nif files from blender?
    If this is the case, I do remmeber last time I installed blender I had lots of issues myself, getting the nif exporter was very difficult for me. But I did figure it out, I could do some digging to figure out exactly how I did it if you'd like.
    Once you have the .nif exporter, it is very easy to convert from google warehouse, its just about finding the right models to convert

13. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I figured that one would be tough. Just using my imagination, before I found the one on GW, was to take the dome from the Apostolic Church, the Buckingham Palace, and Big Ben, slapping them together and see if its close. Again I wouldn't know how to do that.

You two are far more talented them I am. I'm just the idea guy. :lol:

I'm still working on getting good putting all your terrific stuff in the game. :crazyeye:

14. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

Speaking of which, Dac the flag comes up pink meaning I am not pointing to the "place flag here.dds" some how.

15. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I am afraid this would be another problem for the conversion. The model I would like to convert is the "Sagrada Familia", which of course has to many faces.

16. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

OMG that would be a massive job.

17. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I have no idea what I am talking about but can blender import fbx files?

18. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Yes sagria Familia would be very difficult....although others wouldn't be too difficult

no idea about fbx files

19. DocEcho

DocEcho Warlord

I have download the Pro version of Sketchup if you want to IM me. Did you get my message about the Flag?

20. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Is pro version the version you pay for?

Honestly youre welcome to keep responding on here, I am more likely to check this than my messages to be honest

Ill take a look at the flag in the next day or two